Vacancy for Fundraising & Communications Executive
About Sensational Kids
Sensational Kids is an award-winning charity providing affordable and accessible child development services for children of all abilities, including those with special needs. 1 in 4 Irish children has a special educational need. In addition to this, there are a significant number of children who have no formal diagnosis, but who experience difficulties keeping up with their peers, from a communication and developmental perspective. Sensational Kids bridges the gap between public and private services providing affordable services such as occupational therapy and speech & language therapy.
To date over 4,500 children from all over the country have benefited from assessment and intervention services provided by Sensational Kids saving their families over €700,000 in therapy fees whilst taking thousands of children off public waiting lists. Planning to expand our work and social impact, Sensational Kids aims to become Ireland’s leading non-profit child development and learning centre.
With many exciting projects underway such as our Hippotherapy Project, a new centre opening in Munster and expansion of our Kildare/Leinster facility, this role offers an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and progressive organisation.
Working as part of a small team the Fundraising and Communications Executive will play a key role in managing a number of key fundraising initiatives as well as generating and developing new fundraising revenue streams.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Generate and introduce new fundraising initiatives and revenue streams, in particular in the corporate area, to support the financial needs of the charity.
- Identifying and executing new corporate revenue streams and delivering increased and sustainable income from the corporate sector.
- Develop and grow existing campaigns run by the charity
- Responsible for developing and supporting various events run by external volunteers, building up strong relationships.
- Responsible for researching and developing external campaigns for charity partnerships
- Promote and work to the ethos of the charity throughout all campaigns and promotional activities, communicating the benefits, services and facilities within the centre.
- Work to matching or maximising fundraising targets set out for the current financial year.
- Project manage all promotional materials for own campaigns and projects for website and social media.
- Be responsible for content and production of launches for own projects when relevant and provide support to other team members.
- Be flexible and willing to adapt to other roles and tasks when required.
- Flexibility to work out of hours and travel when necessary.
- Assist in communications with various media surrounding upcoming events.
- Develop relationships with key media personnel in print, radio and TV
- Coordinate and manage editorials between service providers and media in conjunction with prominent events.
- Update fundraising communications on website, social media and email newsletter
- Develop strong understanding and relationships with parents accessing services.
- Assist in the development of all promotional and marketing materials on behalf of the charity.
- Ability to work under own initiative with a determined, positive drive.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and muli-task, working on various projects simultaneously.
- Excellent warm communication skills. Both verbally and written
- A strong understanding and empathy of the charity’s goals and mission.
- A team player with a desire to support.
- Strong networking connections.
- Strong organisational skills and time management.
- Full driving licence
- Creative and motivated and open to grasp opportunities.
Experience and Knowledge
- 2-3 years in a fundraising role
- Experience in PR/Communications
- Proven records of financial achievements on sole fundraising campaigns/events.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel & power point
- Facilities to work from home
This is a permanent full time role with a 6 months probationary period.
This role will be based from our office in Kildare Town with the opportunity to work from home too
How To Apply
Send your application letter outlining why you are applying for this role together with your CV to
Unit F2 Kildare Business Park, Kildare Town
Closing Date for applications
10am Wednesday 25th October 2017
Sensational Kids is currently seeking willing and experienced horses!
Due to launch in January 2018, Sensational Kids new Hippotherapy service is seeking horses suitable for use in Hippotherapy
Therapy Horse Criteria
- Patient & Friendly Temperament
- Sound in all 3 gaits no injuries or vices
- Ideally between 8-17 years old
For potential equine purchases/leases or donations please email Karen@sensationalkids.ie
Sensational Kids CLG is a nonprofit provider of hippotherapy and therapies for children of all abilities.
Are you a Sensational Therapist?
If you think you have what it takes to be a Sensational Occupational Therapist or Speech & Language Therapist we would love to hear from you. We will consider applications for both basic grade and senior posts as well as full-time and part-time positions.
We do not have any current vacancies but please email your CV to Karen@sensationalkids.ie along with a letter explaining why you would like to be part of our innovative award-winning service should any vacancies arise in the future.