One in four children in Ireland has a special educational need. A lack of affordable support services for children who are experiencing developmental delays, or those that have special educational needs, means that too many children in Ireland are struggling to reach their full potential. The figures themselves are startling;
- There are over 70,000 children waiting for an appointment for speech & language and occupatonal therapy appointments..
Sensational Kids has directly supported over 8,700 children from all over Ireland through our child development centres in Leinster, Munster, Ulster & Connacht. Thanks to the fantastic work of the entire team, these children are now being given the opportunity to excel.
With our online store, fundraising and training workshops helping to subsidise our services, Sensational Kids has already saved families in Ireland over €2 million in therapy fees alone, providing a practical, accessible, and affordable service for those in need.
Each year 500+ professionals benefit from upskilling through our range of professional development training workshops which are delivered nationally.
Having expanded our social impact to provide early intervention services from facilities in Leinster, Munster, Ulster & Connacht Sensational Kids is Ireland’s leading non-profit child development and learning centre, bridging the gap between public and private services.
Sensational Kids Impact To Date
- 8,700 children from all over Ireland have benefited from our affordable early intervention and assessment services to date, saving their families over €2 million in therapy fees
- 500+ healthcare, educational professionals and carers avail of our training workshops each year
- 1,500 children benefitted from vital therapeutic supports
- Families saved more than €240,000 in therapy fees
- 119 Health and Childcare Professionals were upskilled
- Almost 50,000 learning resources were delivered to children
Combined, all of these outputs result in better outcomes for children of all abilities, including those with additional needs.
Learn more about how childrens’ lives are changed through our supports