One in four children in Ireland has a special educational need. A lack of affordable support services for children who are experiencing developmental delays, or those that have special educational needs, means that too many children in Ireland are struggling to reach their full potential. The figures themselves are startling;
- There are 16,341 children under the age of 18 waiting for a first time occupational therapy assessment. Over 1/3 have been waiting for more than a year.
- There are 29,481 children in Ireland are waiting for speech & language therapy appointments..
Sensational Kids has directly supported 5,690+ children from all over Ireland through our child develoment centres in Leinster, Munster & Connacht. Thanks to the fantastic work of the entire team, these children are now being given the opportunity to excel.
With our online store, fundraising and training workshops helping to subsidise our services, Sensational Kids has already saved families in Ireland over €1.3 million in therapy fees alone, providing a practical, accessible, and affordable service for those in need.
Each year 500+ professionals benefit from upskilling through our range of professional development training workshops which are delivered nationally.
Having expanded our social impact to provide early intervention services from facilities in Leinster, Munster & Connacht Sensational Kids is Ireland’s leading non-profit child development and learning centre, bridging the gap between public and private services.
Sensational Kids Impact To Date
- 5,691+ children from all over Ireland have benefited from our affordable early intervention and assessment services to date, saving their families over €1.3 million in therapy fees
- 500+ healthcare, educational professionals and carers avail of our training workshops each year
- 849 children benefited from our services in 2018 saving their families over €198,695 in therapy fees
- We delivered 4,675 therapy sessions to children in 2018
- 39,917 learning resources are delivered by our child development & learning store in 2018
Combined, all of these outputs result in better outcomes for children of all abilities, including those with additional needs.
Learn more about how childrens’ lives are changed through our supports