“Every child is unique and special but sometimes they experience problems with feelings or behaviours that cause disruption to their lives and the lives of those around them”
What is Play Therapy?
- Children often find it difficult to express themselves verbally and so traditional talking therapies can be difficult for them. Play is a child’s natural way of expressing themselves.
- Play therapy is a therapeutic method of Psychotherapy for children aged 3 and upwards that explores a child’s natural means of expression to help them cope in their world.
- It is a clinical therapy aimed at supporting mental health needs and development difficulties of all young children & adolescents and adults
- Play enables the therapist and child to develop a trusted relationship which is consistent with helping a person gain mastery over a situation or trauma they have experienced.
This therapeutic intervention attunes to the client’s pace while using non-directive or directive therapy.
Play- a child’s natural way of expressing themselves
- Play naturally helps children develop physically, social, intellectually and emotionally.
- Play is innate from birth it incorporates senses, use of body, role play, relationship, stories skills and games, identity as well as decision making and empathy.
- During play children experience their own power by connecting with the core self.
- The cognitive, emotional and interpersonal process in play leads to problem solving and creative thinking.
- Play therapists can also teach children how to play.
When would a child come to play therapy?
- Abuse- emotional, neglect, sexual.
- Adoption or foster care support
- Aggressive behaviour
- ASD behaviour
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
- Bedwetting/ soiling problems
- Domestic violence
- Eating problems
- Excessive shyness
- Learning/ Developmental problems
- Low self esteem
- Parental conflict, separation or divorce
- Persistent anger, worry, sadness or fear which hinders the daily life of the child
- Preoccupation with sexual behaviour.
Sensational Kids Play Therapy Locations
- Sensational Kids, Unit F2 Kildare Business Park, Melitta Road, Kildare Town, R51 R281 Phone 045 520900. Monday – Saturday
- Sensational Kids, 2nd Floor, Building G, West Cork Technology Park Clonakilty, West Cork, P85 VF62 Phone 023 887 8208 Tuesday to Saturday
Learn About The Play Therapy Team at Sensational Kids
Kildare Play Therapists:
West Cork Play Therapist:
How to make an appointment for Play Therapy at Sensational Kids
Phone to make an appointment:
Phone 045 520900
Phone 023 887 8208