Does your child need help to reach their full potential?
Our Occupational Therapy Team at Sensational Kids helps children and adolescents of all abilities to maximise their potential through intervention to help them develop the necessary skills to participate fully in daily activities at home and at school.
Occupational Therapy for children at Sensational Kids helps children and adolescents of all abilities to maximise their potential.
Following the individual assessment, the child’s goals are agreed and intervention is implemented through individual sessions. Occupational Therapy plays a vital role in making each child independent in the following areas:
• Self-Help Skills
• Gross Motor Skills
• Visual Motor and Visual Perceptual Skills
• Fine Motor Coordination
• Sensory- Motor Processing
• Activities of Daily Living (such as eating and dressing)
Occupational therapists are concerned with developing the skills and underlying abilities children need to perform their main everyday ‘occupations’ of playing, learning and engaging with friends and family. We work with children to assist them to acquire the necessary skills and the underlying sensory or physical components for daily activities
• At home (e.g. eating and dressing)
• At preschool (e.g. drawing, cutting and jumping)
• At school (e.g. handwriting, attention, memory)
• Social situations.
Occupational Therapists at Sensational Kids will investigate your child’s sensory processing as well as skills such as gross and fine motor skills, pretend play skills, self care skills, handwriting, attention, planning and organisation, and visual perceptionand how this contributes to their day to day functioning.
Occupational Therapy helps your child develop their functional skills.
• Attention & Concentration
• Fine motor skills (including bilateral hand use, dexterity and handwriting)
• Gross motor skills (including balance, postural control and coordination)
• Organisational Skills
• Self care skills such as dressing and feeding
• Self Regulation
• Sensory Processing
• Social skills
• Visual Processing
Who can avail of Occupational Therapy Services at Sensational Kids?
We operate an Open Referral System which means that anybody can refer a child to Sensational Kids, including parents.
Since opening in 2009 Sensational Kids has assessed and treated over 4,500 children
• Attention Disorders ADD/ADHD
• Autism Spectrum Disorders
• Cerebral Palsy
• Children without a diagnosis but who just need a little help to catch up
• Down Syndrome
• Dyspraxia / Developmental Coordination Disorder DCD
• Hearing Impairment
• Learning Difficulties
• Non Verbal Children
• Sensory Processing Disorders
• Specific Language Impairment
• Various Syndromes
Why Choose Sensational Kids
• Teamwork – Sensational Kids offers a multi disciplinary team of highly skilled therapists who are supported with continuous professional development and clinical supervision and who work together as a team to support your child
• Not For Profit – Sensational Kids is a registered charity founded by parents to help make services affordable and accessible for families. Our services are subsidised by donations and fundraising.
• Family Friendly Hours – Appointments are available Tuesday to Saturday
• Unique and Innovative Facilities – Sensational Kids provides a very well resourced child development & learning centre designed to make therapy enjoyable for your child
• Sensory Integration – Our facilities include a sensory integration gym with swings, a ball pool and climbing equipment. In addition our therapists have undertaken additional professional training courses in sensory processing disorders.
• Sensory Room – Sensational Kids facilities also include Sensory room which includes uv lighting, a projector, an interactive bubble tube and weighted blankets
• Baking room – Children attending our services can also avail of a kitchen with baking facilities as part of their skill building activities
• Waiting rooms for parents – Comfortable waiting rooms with free tea and coffee for parents/guardians
• Privacy – Our therapists each have their own consultation rooms equipped with lots of exciting games and toys to make therapy fun for your child
• Accessibility – Sensational Kids operates and Open Referral system which means that parents/guardians can book appointments at Sensational Kids without the need for a GP Referral.
• Highly Skilled Therapy Team – all of our therapy team are fully supported with clinical supervision and attend several Continuous Professional Development Training Courses every year
• Child Development & Learning Store – Onsite access to the rescources you need to help your child develop their skills at Ireland’s only Child Development and Learning Store that is run as a social enterprise
• Ethos – Sensational Kids was set up “Because Sensational Children Deserve Sensational Therapy”
How much does Occupational Therapy cost at Sensational Kids?
Sensational Kids is a social enterprise and registered charity set up by parents to provide accessible and affordable child development services for children of all ages and abilities. Occupational Therapy at Sensational Kids is subsidised by fundraising and donations as well as proceeds from our child development and learning store and our professional development training workshops. Our occupational therapy intervention sessions are subsidised from €120 per session to €75 per session.
Our individual sessions consist of 45 minute sessions and include feedback to parents
Occupational Therapy Consultations are €75
Occupational Therapy Assessments including a full written report for children 0-16 years €330
Occupational Therapy Assessments including a full written report for teenagers and adults aged 17 or over €465
We do NOT charge additional fees for letters or phone calls once you are attending our service. Any additional reports that require a substantial amount of the therapist’s time will be billed at €75 per hour.
Joint Occupational Therapy and Speech & Language Therapy sessions are available on request
Prices for talks, presentations and training are available on request
Sensational Kids Location
Sensational Kids occupational therapy assessments and intervention services are located at Sensational Kids Child Development & Learning Centre in Kildare Town, ideally located just five minutes off the M7 motorway. Our services are open to children from all over Ireland.
Sensational Kids occupational therapy team also provide outreach services to schools and organisations who may require occupational therapy services or presentations to staff or parents.
How to make an appointment at Sensational Kids
To make an appointment for occupational therapy please phone us on 045 520900
Alternatively if you have copies of reports or assessments to send in please complete our registration form and post it in together with a copy of the reports to Sensational Kids, Unit F2 Kildare Business Park, Melitta Road, Kildare Town.
Upon receipt of your registration form, we will contact you with an appointment.
We follow recommended best practice and so your first appointment with Sensational Kids will be an appointment with the therapist to meet with the parents/guardians. During this parent consultation appointment, parents can discuss their concerns about their child frankly with the therapist without negatively impacting on the child”s self-esteem. It also gives the therapist the opportunity to go through the developmental history to obtain a thorough understanding of the difficulties your child is experiencing. Together the therapist and parents can agree a family centred plan and therapy goals specifically for your child
If you need to cancel an appointment 48 hours notice is required to be given so that this appointment can be re-allocated.
Full payment is required for each session before the appointment commences.
We are happy to accept credit/debit cards or cash as methods of payment
Tuesday – Friday 10am – 6pm
Saturdays 9.30am – 5pm
Phone 045 520900