Does your child need help to reach their full potential?
How it works
Following a parent consultation and an individual assessment, your child’s goals will be agreed upon in collaboration with you and intervention will be implemented through an individual therapy programme. Regular, consistent therapeutic intervention maximises positive outcomes. In line with this, Sensational Kids recommends a minimum 12-week individual therapy block for our families. After this time, your child’s goals and therapeutic programme will be reviewed with you and new targets will be set.
Our expert Occupational Therapy team will provide you with recommendations and supportive strategies to maximise your child’s developmental potential and their ability to engage successfully and happily in daily activities at home and at school.
The following skill areas may be addressed:
- Sensory regulation (including sustained focus, transitioning, frustration tolerance, emotional regulation)
- Sensory discrimination (including motor planning and bilateral motor coordination)
- Gross motor development (including postural control, balance, gross motor skills, ball skills and transitional movement patterns)
- Fine motor skills (including bilateral hand use, fine motor control, accuracy and endurance, and handwriting)
- Visual perceptual skills (including visual motor integration)
- Task organisation
- Self-care (including dressing and feeding)
- Social skills
OT intervention can support children diagnosed with the following challenges:
- Developmental Delay
- Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD)
- Praxis Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Down syndrome
- Other Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
- Children presenting with Neurodiversity
Click HERE to view our Subsidised Price List
To make an appointment, please contact your nearest Sensational Kids’ location by phone or email:
Full payment is required for each session when you book your appointment. We are happy to accept credit/debit cards or cash as methods of payment.
If you need to reschedule an appointment 48 hours’ notice is required to be given so that this appointment can be re-allocated to another child.