Sensational Kids makes protection of your personal data a high priority, taking all appropriate measures to ensure your rights and data are protected. The statement below sets out what information we may hold about you, why we need it and how it is used, stored and destroyed when no longer required. We also set out contact details should you want further information or have any concerns.
Purpose of Holding Information
Information (data) about you is required to enable us to understand and assess your individual needs and preferences and to assist us to provide the full range of services you require. The information we collect, and process is required to:
- Manage our interactions with you
- Comply with our legal obligations
- Look after your vital interests in the event of an emergency
- Carryout our legitimate interests in managing and running our services
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP HOLD OF YOUR INFORMATION?
The time periods for which we retain your information depends on the type of information and the purposes for which we use it. We will keep your information for no longer than is required or permitted.
To protect your personal information we have implemented physical, electronic and managerial procedures so that access to your personal information is limited to those personnel who specifically require it to process your contact with us.
If you consent, we may from time to time contact you with details of events which may be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe from this correspondence list at any time by emailing Info@sensationalkids.ie for the attention of the data protection officer
Your rights in relation to your personal data
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data. You have the right to request from us, access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, and object to processing. Should you require a copy of information held, a Subject Access Request can be made inwriting by contacting:
Data Protection Officer, Sensational Kids CLG, Unit F2 Kildare Business Park, Kildare Town
If you are unsatisfied with our actions, have a concern or wish to make a complaint, you can contact us by writing to:
Complaints Officer, Sensational Kids CLG, Unit F2 Kildare Business Park, Kildare Town
If you remain dissatisfied with our actions, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority. The Data Protection Commissioner can be contacted at:
Data Protection Commissioner,
Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co Laois, Ireland. R32 AP23
Tel: +353 (0) 57 8684800 Email: Info@dataprotection.ie
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE CHANGE OUR PRIVACY NOTICE?
This notice may change from time to time, and any changes will be posted on our website and will be effective when posted. Please review this notice each time you use our website or our services. This notice was last updated on 12 August 2019.
CLINICAL SERVICE USERS:
When engaging with Sensational Kids, service users may supply us with information which may include their contact details; next of kin or relatives or carers contact information; email; business/personal address; telephone number and health related data. In some circumstances, Service Users may disclose health data relating to their relatives.
In order for us to administer our services and to comply with our statutory responsibilities under law, the type of information we hold about you/your child may include such items such as:
- Contact Information
- Date of birth
- Any diagnosis disclosed that you/your child might have
- Parent/Guardians information such as names, addresses, phone and email contacts
- Next of Kin
- Referral/Registration Forms
- Assessments (these may include assessment forms and questionnaires)
- Therapy Plans & Notes
- Progress notes
- Decisions by you not to receive or refuse therapy interventions
- Any medical records/copies of reports given to us by you
- A record of any accidents/incidents
- A record of any complaints raised by or about you
- Any correspondence to or from you
- Risk Assessments (eg risks relating to you/your child’s evacuation from the centre if there is a fire, risk of falls, risk of challenging behaviour)
When you use our services, we may obtain the following categories of personal data from others in order to ensure we have all of the necessary information to be enable us to provide you with the highest standard of care and support that you require:
- We receive client data including clinical information as referrals from other Clinical Practitioners who may have worked with your child in the past.
- We may receive client data including clinical information as referrals from HSE & Tusla when referrals are coming from them
- Schools and other professionals who may be working with your child may send information about your child on questionnaires that we send to them
WHY DO WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION?
We collect the information in order to provide you with our services, to market our services including training courses, workshops, shop products, therapy services, to communicate with you about our services, news and events (your preferences can be updated at any stage) , to get your feedback on how we can improve our services, and to produce anonymised clinical output statistics/outcomes reports.
We will use this information:
- To set you up as a Service User on our systems;
- To provide you with our services and communicate with you about appointments.
- To conduct quality assurance processes
- For risk and claims management processes
- To identify service user’s experience and satisfaction with our services to allow us to improve and develop those services
- For staff education and training
- To carry out internal clinical audits using anonymised data
The legal bases for the processing of your special category data or sensitive data (for example medical data) are:
- Processing necessary to provide you with health and social care services;
- Processing necessary to protect your vital interests;
- Processing necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- Processing necessary for reasons of public interest in the area of public health;
- Processing necessary for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
WHAT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU/YOUR CHILD DO WE OBTAIN FROM OTHERS?
Access to Information
In order for us to provide you with the support needed, it may be necessary for us to liaise with a range of different health professionals, teachers or previous service providers, and therefore we will need to disclose specific information about you to third parties or where we are legally obliged to such as when there is a Child Protection concern. We will take all reasonable measures to ensure your privacy and dignity is protected at all times during this process and will highlight to you if there are exceptional instances where your information may have been compromised. Access to information contained in your personal health record or other fields relating to you/your child will only be accessible to appropriate personnel in the organisation.
Retention of Information:
information about you is required by law to be held with us until the patient’s 25th birthday or 26th if young person was 17 at the conclusion of treatment, or 8 years after death, after which it will be destroyed by shredding/electronic deletion or another secure form of destruction.
Purpose of Holding Information
Your personal information is collected when:
- You register as a user of our website.
- You open an account online with us to order goods via our website.
- You make a donation via our website.
- You book a place on a course/seminar/workshop via our website
The information collected by us will include your name and address, telephone number, email address and registration details. We collect this information so that we may fulfill your order or reserve a place on a course/seminar/workshop, make an online donation, or purchase a product from our shop. You may update this data at any time when you access our website.
We do not collect your personal information if you only browse our website.
Where possible our website is served using SSL data encryption technology.
Your personal information will only be used for the following purposes:
- To process your order/booking/donation.
- To respond to any queries or requests that you may have.
- To correspond with you if there are any problems processing your order/booking/donation.
- To correspond with you if you consent to receiving marketing information re items/events of interest.
- To administer and improve our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about services that may interest you or them.
The legal bases for the processing of your data are:
Processing necessary for the performance of a contract which you have entered into with us or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
That you have provided consent for the processing for one of more specified purposes such as marketing for example when you fill out consent to receiving marketing material;
Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
We do not collect your credit card or banking details. Online payments are handled by Stripe and Paypal. Please refer to https://stripe.com/ie and www.paypal.com/ie to view details of their privacy and security policies.
Copyright Sensational Kids CLG 2019