We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Educational/Clinical Psychologist to join our team in Mayo:
How do you feel when you know you have made a difference to the life of a child? It feels good, right?
We have a wonderful opportunity to join our Sensational community at Sensational Kids
- Are you passionate about making a meaningful difference to the lives of children?
- Do you crave more satisfaction from your job?
- Are you a talented professional who would value joining a progressive organisation and team?
About Sensational Kids
Sensational Kids is an award-winning social enterprise dedicated to making a difference to the lives of children and families.
Sensational Kids is Ireland’s premier national non-profit clinic for children with neurodevelopmental related needs with Child Development Centres located in every province in Ireland in Kildare, Mayo, Monaghan, and West Cork, providing a range of therapeutic supports for children of all abilities.
As part of our innovative social enterprise business model, Sensational Kids is proud to provide Ireland’s only Child Development & Learning Store where 100% of the profits from every toy and product purchased go toward subsidising therapy services for children at our national child development centres around the country. Our retail function provides a vital income stream to support our therapeutic services.
We value our friendly and inspiring team, with whom you will work alongside, advancing your own knowledge and contributing to the field as you learn and grow in your role. Our clinical team are fully supported with regular clinical supervision as well as support from our Clinical Governance Team, Senior Therapists and Clinical Services Manager. We also support our therapy team with an annual personal CPD budget, in addition to opportunities to attend all of Sensational Kids training workshops, ensuring that your development as a therapist is propelled forward, boosting your ability to be a change maker for children and families.
- We value caring, empathetic people with emotional intelligence
- We value passion, fun and focusing on making a difference to the lives of children and families.
- We value bold ideas and bold leadership, and people who enjoy working in an innovative organisation through a period of high growth.
- We like to develop remarkable people.
As part of the clinical team at Sensational Kids, as an educational/clinical psychologist, you will be required to support children from birth to 18 years of age.
These children would be experiencing difficulties that are impacting negatively on their ability to successfully access classroom-based learning and participation in school and other areas of their lives. These children may have a range of developmental, emotional and/or social challenges, neurodiverse conditions and/or learning difficulties.
As the educational/clinical psychologist, you will be responsible for carrying out parent consultations, intake interviews and assessments to identify the child’s needs. Following your interpretation and understanding of the child’s needs you will then offer a range of appropriate recommendations to support the development of skill and to guide the child, family and/or school to overcome any barriers in the learning and home environment.
You will work closely, but not exclusively with parents, teachers, social workers, doctors, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists and other people involved in the child’s life and education.
At times you may also be asked to provide in-service training for therapists, teachers, SNA’s and other professionals on topics to support transfer of skills and continuing education. You may also be asked to run workshops or host talks for parents
Training and experience in implementing diagnostic assessments in the area of Autism Spectrum Disorder and Developmental delay, including ASD diagnostic assessment tools specifically ADOS-2, ADI-R is desirable.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Carry out assessments of children’s learning and emotional needs using standardised assessment tools
- Provide feedback to parents on their child’s learning and social/ emotional needs
- Write comprehensive and detailed reports with sound, practical recommendations on action that needs to be taken
- Provide recommendations for supportive therapeutic intervention and behaviour management programmes
- Consult with the multi-disciplinary team to develop appropriate and effective programmes to support skill development
- Provide support for parents, teachers and others involved with the child
- Develop and apply effective interventions to promote the psychological wellbeing, social, emotional and behavioural development of the child and to support the child’s educational growth and development
You will need to have the following skills
- An open-minded and sensitive approach when dealing with children, parents and other team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The capacity to work under pressure and carry a full caseload
- Sound time management skills
- Sound analytical skills
- Sensitivity and creativity to explore emotional issues with children and families
- The ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Pro-active and forward thinking
- Self-motivation, self-awareness, self-knowledge
- Understanding of and respect for cultural and religious diversity
- Have the ability to utilise all information gathered to arrive at a diagnosis where suitable
Qualifications & Experience
- A postgraduate degree in Clinical/Educational Psychology as recognised by the Psychological Society of Ireland. If overseas qualifications, a certificate of equivalence from the Psychological society of Ireland is required
- The successful candidate will be Garda Vetted and references checked
- Must have use of own car for travel for school visits etc
This is a part-time permanent post working ONE day per week (either on Fridays or Saturdays). Flexible working hours options to choose your own hours.
Term of employment
This is a permanent post
Sensational Kids Child Development Centre, Claremorris, Co Mayo
The role can be split between working from home and office working
Salary & Benefits
A competitive permanent salaried role
Free onsite parking
A flexible schedule where you can choose your own working hours with full autonomy over your diary schedule
Professional & Personal Development
At Sensational Kids we love to develop remarkable people and support our team to be the best clinicians.
Avail of personal and group cpd budgets for training and mentoring.
Benefit from regular peer mentoring to share with and learn from our fabulous national child development team
Support from our clinical governance committee
Support and mentoring from our experienced Clinical Services Manager
Receive regular individual clinical supervision
Avail of our company well-being events and initiatives
Attend our own training workshops at no cost to you
At Sensational Kids, we dream big so that our vision of what we can achieve together is bigger than any individual.
We thrive on a positive team culture that focuses on positive mindsets with a fun loving and social team
Collaborate and work alongside a fantastic group of passionate therapists, colleagues and management team to provide holistic supports for children
We value our friendly and inspiring team, with whom you will work alongside, advancing your own knowledge and contributing to the field as you learn and grow in your role.
We value caring, empathetic people with emotional intelligence
We value passion, fun and making a difference to the lives of children and families
We value bold ideas and bold leadership, and people who enjoy working in an innovative organisation through a period of high growth.
Have fun at our team social and fundraising events throughout the year
Work and play in our amazing sensory integration gyms which are loaded with the best sensory integration equipment where the emphasis is on fun, fun fun!
Your own individual therapy room that’s loaded with amazing toys and resources from our shop
Your room is equipped with your own IT with cloud based clinical management software.
Messaging software so that you can easily collaborate with any team member in any of our centres around Ireland
Modern, custom built therapy facilities with free car parking
Centrally located facilities such as coffee shops, cafes and shopping facilities
Competitive annual leave package
Additional loyalty leave for additional years of service
Systems & Operations
Well developed systems and operational procedures (and induction program) to support easy, efficient and high quality service delivery.
Our amazing admin support team perform all appointment scheduling, billing, and provide support for scanning documents leaving therapists free to do what they enjoy most – delivering high quality care.
Faster Work Permit Processing
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcome applications from occupational therapists who have qualified and gained experience in other countries. We have Trusted Partnership status for Employment Permit applications with the Department of Enterprise, Trade & Employment under the Trusted Partner Initiative. Please note that CORU registration is also necessary
We anticipate this role will commence as soon as the most suitable candidate is available
How To Apply
Do you want to join our team? Just send your CV and letter of application now to Dana Katz Murphy, Clinical Services Manager, outlining why you want to join our team.
By Email: Dana@sensationalkids.ie
Sensational Kids is an equal opportunities employer