Sensational Kids is recruiting Educational Psychologists to join our amazing team and community at Sensational Kids Child Development Centres across Ireland.
About Sensational Kids
Sensational Kids is an award-winning social enterprise dedicated to making a difference to the lives of children and families.
Sensational Kids is Ireland’s premier national non-profit clinic for children with neurodevelopmental related needs with Child Development Centres located in every province in Ireland in Kildare, Mayo, Monaghan, and West Cork, providing a range of therapeutic supports for children of all abilities.
Educational Psychologist Job Responsibilities:
- As part of the clinical team at Sensational Kids, as an educational/clinical psychologist, you will be required to support children from birth to 18 years of age.
- These children would be experiencing difficulties that are impacting negatively on their ability to successfully access classroom-based learning and participation in school and other areas of their lives. These children may have a range of developmental, emotional and/or social challenges, neurodiverse conditions and/or learning difficulties.
- As the educational/clinical psychologist, you will be responsible for carrying out parent consultations, intake interviews and assessments to identify the child’s needs. Following your interpretation and understanding of the child’s needs you will then offer a range of appropriate recommendations to support the development of skill and to guide the child, family and/or school to overcome any barriers in the learning and home environment.
- You will work closely, but not exclusively with parents, teachers, social workers, doctors, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists and other people involved in the child’s life and education.
- At times you may also be asked to provide in-service training for therapists, teachers, SNA’s and other professionals on topics to support transfer of skills and continuing education. You may also be asked to run workshops or host talks for parents
- Training and experience in implementing diagnostic assessments in the area of Autism Spectrum Disorder and Developmental delay, including ASD diagnostic assessment tools specifically ADOS-2, ADI-R is desirable.
- Carry out assessments of children’s learning and emotional needs using standardised assessment tools
- Provide feedback to parents on their child’s learning and social/emotional needs
- Write comprehensive and detailed reports with sound, practical recommendations on action that needs to be taken
- Provide recommendations for supportive therapeutic intervention and behaviour management programmes
- Consult with the multi-disciplinary team to develop appropriate and effective programmes to support skill development
- Provide support for parents, teachers and others involved with the child
- Develop and apply effective interventions to promote the psychological wellbeing, social, emotional and behavioural development of the child and to support the child’s educational growth and development
- An open-minded and sensitive approach when dealing with children, parents and other team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The capacity to work under pressure and carry a full caseload
- Sound time management skills
- Sound analytical skills
- Sensitivity and creativity to explore emotional issues with children and families
- The ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Pro-active and forward thinking
- Self-motivation, self-awareness, self-knowledge
- Understanding of and respect for cultural and religious diversity
- Have the ability to utilise all information gathered to arrive at a diagnosis where suitable
Qualifications & Experience
- A postgraduate degree in Clinical/Educational Psychology as recognised by the Psychological Society of Ireland. If overseas qualifications, a certificate of equivalence from the Psychological Society of Ireland is required
- The successful candidate will be Garda Vetted and references checked
- Must have use of own car for travel for school visits etc
Full Time: Full-time posts work five days per week (35 hours) with flexible working hours options to choose your own hours
Part Time: We are always interested from hearing from therapists who are looking for part-time positions
Term of Employment
Full time and part time, permanent posts
Salary & Benefits
- A competitive permanent salaried role
- Free onsite parking
- Investment into Annual CPD
- A Health Cash Plan which can reimburse you up to 100% for a wide range of health care costs for you, your spouse/partner and any of your children under 21 living at home as well as personal accident cover. It also includes a free GP Advice Line, Virtual Doctor, Private Prescription Service, Counselling Service, Medical Information and Legal Advice.
- Birthday Bonus Day Off
- Employee Link Day
- Employee Assistance Program which offers our employees support across a wide range of areas including:
- A free, confidential counselling & wellbeing support service that provides counselling support to you, your partner or spouse, & dependent children over 16 still living at home of up to 8 sessions of virtual (phone or video), or in person counselling per year
- Digital fitness programmes
- Nutrition guides and recipes
- eLearning across multiple wellbeing topics
- Self-guided meditation programme (BeCalm)
- Wellbeing Podcasts (SoundSpace)
Professional & Personal Development
At Sensational Kids we love to develop remarkable people and support our team to be the best therapists they can be.
- Avail of personal and group CPD budgets for training and mentoring.
- Benefit from regular peer mentoring and reflective supervision to share with and learn from members of our child development team
- Support from our clinical governance committee
- Support and mentoring from our experienced Clinical Services Manager
- Receive regular individual clinical supervision
- Avail of our company well-being events and initiatives
- Attend our own training workshops at no cost to you
- Your own individual therapy room
- Access to resources from our Play, Learn and Develop store
- Your room is equipped with your own IT with cloud based clinical management software.
- Messaging software so that you can easily collaborate with any team member in any of our centres around Ireland
Competitive annual leave package
Systems & Operations
Well developed systems and operational procedures (and induction program) to support easy, efficient and high quality service delivery.
Our amazing admin support team perform all appointment scheduling, billing, and provide support for scanning documents leaving therapists free to do what they enjoy most – delivering high quality care.
How To Apply
Do you want to join our team? Just send your CV and letter of application now to Dana Katz Murphy, Clinical Services Manager, outlining why you want to join our team and which location you are applying for. By Email: Dana@sensationalkids.ie
Sensational Kids is an equal opportunities employer