A variety of activities can be done on scooter boards, they are a fun way for children or adults to exercise. A scooter board will encourage kids to develop upper and lower body strength, motor planning and and as part of a sensory diet.
Safety is key when introducing scooter boards. Grab the inside handles to protect fingers from other scooters during use.
We recommend that you discuss with your Therapist which scooter board is most suited to your child.
10 funs things to do on a Scooter Board:
- Body Bowling. Set up bowling pins at one end of the room, and have the child ride the scooter board down to knock them over.
- Fishing. Scatter magnetic fish around the floor and have the child go find them all.
- Superman catch.
- Pull the child around with a rope or a hula hoop.
- Do a puzzle. Have the puzzle pieces at one end of the room, and the puzzle board at the other end.
- Sorting. Have bean bags or other objects at one end of the room that can be sorted into containers at the other end of the room.
- Shopping. Place play food around the room, and you tell them what they need to find and get.
- Obstacle course of things you need to scoot around.
- Place cones around the room, and give the child ping pong balls that they have to place on top of the cones.
- Follow a path of tape placed on the floor.
Good to know:
- Maximum weight limit 50kg
- Scooter Boards should be used under adult supervision at all times.