Helping Chidren who are Anxious or Obsessional is a guidebook to help children who:
- are insecure or worry too much
- suffer from phobias or nightmares
- find it difficult to concentrate to let go and have fun
- have suffered a trauma
- are worryingly good or seem like little adults
- use order and routine as a way of coping with ‘messy’ feelings
- retreat into dullness as a way of managing their being in the world
- and develop obsessive-compulsive behaviour in order to ward off their too-powerful feelings.
Willy and the Wobbly House is a story for children who are anxious or obsessional. Willy is an anxious boy who experiences the world as a very unsafe, wobbly place where anything awful might happen at any time.
Joe, the boy next door, is too ordered and tidy to be able to ever really enjoy life.
Follow their adventures with the Puddle People who help them break out of their fixed patterns and find far richer ways of living in the world.