Sensational Kids is a special place providing a place of safety, security, health and growth to children and families who us visit each week and for our amazing staff who work so hard every day.
During the current Covid-19 situation, we want to share our plan and added precautions we have taken. We ask our community to follow these guidelines, as well as the guidelines issued by the HSE.
We are mindful that Sensational Kids is often a vital lifeline for many vulnerable children who need regular therapy input to maintain their regulation and meet their sensory needs, as well as providing specialist therapeutic supports to children and adolescents who may be self-harming, suicidal, are dealing with trauma or who suffer from anxiety. Our plan attempts to walk the fine line between carrying on, and being prudent.
- Therapy appointments and Assessment appointments at Sensational Kids will be facilitated on a 1 to 1 basis providing the child and accompanying parent/guardian are in good health.
- All children and accompanying guardians attending will be asked to wash their hands at the start of each therapy session.
- All groups therapies, such as Social Skills groups will be postponed until April.
- Parent consultations can be facilitated by Skype or Zoom or by Phone until 29th March 2020
- We are removing shared toys and magazines from the waiting room areas
- Where possible, only one family member/guardian should accompany a child for their therapy appointment
- Where possible please use card instead of cash payments
- We will (as always) be careful about keeping toys, furniture and therapy resources clean.
- We are happy to provide phone or skype consultations with suggested therapy activities to do at home instead of normal face to face appointments where appropriate
- All school visits will be postponed until after 29th March 2020,
- Scheduled training events for SNAs and teachers in schools will be postponed until April.
- All unnecessary visits to our child development centres, eg people attending for meetings will be postponed until April but can be facilitated by phone, skype or zoom where possible in the meantime.
- Clients, visitors, and employees with respiratory illness of any kind (fever, cough, difficulty breathing) are asked not to attend but to dedicate their time to self- care and rest. Our cancellation policy is always waived for those who report illness.
Child Development Store
Sensational Kids online store is operating as normal. We have set up a free online delivery code for orders over €15 within Ireland, so that visitors to our child development stores can avail of free online delivery instead of shopping instore. Shop online at www.sensationalkids.ie
Corona Virus Resources
What to do if you are concerned about Covid-19
Click here for advice which includes
- What to do if you are concerned?
- Helping Children & Teens Understand
- Ways of Managing our Worry
Child Friendly Explanation of Corona Virus
Sensational Kids Social Story for Washing Hands
Corona Virus Social Story, written by world expert and creator of social stories, Carol Gray
My Story About Pandemics and the Coronavirus:
We are asking for your support during this challenging time. As a charitable non-profit organisation, our priority is delivering services to children in need, particularly those who need routine and regular therapy supports, more than ever during this time.
We ask you to consider making a donation online now towards our therapy services at this time
Thank you for your continued support for our Sensational Kids
As always, please feel free to get in touch with us or check in with us.
CEO & Founder, Sensational Kids and our entire Sensational Kids Team