Visual timers transform stressful transition periods, reduce resistance to routines, and help manage a class or therapy session.
Sand Timer helps students of all ages and abilities see and understand the passage of time. There is a world of difference between looking at a clock and being able to say that it is 3 o’clock and understanding “how long” 2 minutes is.
For those who learn differently, this type of abstract thinking is even more difficult and often creates a high level of anxiety. A visual timer provides the opportunity to focus, especially in challenging and chaotic learning environments. No ticking, no distractions, no set up required.
- Teach the concept of time and learn to visualise time as a measurement.
- Manage activities and reduce stress of transitions
- Ease testing anxiety as students are able to see at a glance how much time is left
- Sharpen concentration when students try to finish “before the red is gone”
- Avoid confrontations over shared resources
- Keep meetings on schedule
- Coordinate practice time and game breaks
Recommended by Autism and ADHD experts to:
- Use anywhere to help “manage life” and develop a reliable internal clock.
- Break big challenges into small tasks.
- Ease stressful transitions by showing “how much longer” and “here’s what ‘2 more minutes’ really means.”
- Encourage confidence, independence and natural talents like visual thinking.
- Show when challenging activities will end: “Let’s go shopping for 30 minutes.”
- See at a glance how much time is left in a lesson, activity, or therapy session with no disruptive alarm.
- Keep sessions focused and on track, and manage time in between sessions to document notes.
Sturdy and durable with moulded end caps and thick wall surrounds. These large sand timers are an ideal resource for teachers to encourage tasks to be completed on time.
Dimensions: Ø 6.5 x 12.5 cm high