An invaluable resource for teachers, teaching assistants and therapists.
With over twenty years experience, Lois Addy emphasises the importance of understanding dyspraxia in order to provide effective support for children with co-ordination and perceptual difficulties.
The book includes:
- what to look out for to recognise children with dyspraxia
- useful checklists for identification
- details on the needs and difficulties faced by children with dyspraxia
- ideas for support across the curriculum, in particular the areas of
- social skills
- communication frequently asked questions about dyspraxia – and the answers!
Lois Addy is a paediatric occupational therapist and has over twenty years experience of working with children with dyspraxia. She currently works at York St John College, University of Leeds as a senior lecturer in professional health studies.
Suitability: 5 – 11+