Develops fine motor skills, especially the all-important pincer grasp that prepares children for handwriting.
- Game board
- 40 fruit counters
- 2 tweezers
- Activity guide
Board measures 6”L x 9.5”W x 13.75”H, tweezers measure 6”L
Learning Style: Visual, Tactile
Fine Motor- Tweezers guide proper finger placement to practice pincer grasp and engage hand muscle strength needed for daily living activities like brushing teeth or using a pencil.
Fine Motor- Eye-hand coordination and depth perception are engaged while precision and control are promoted to pluck or place fruits on the stand.
Social & Behavioural- Encourages pretend play opportunities with peers through turn taking, patience and cooperative play.
Basic Concepts– Reinforces vocabulary, colour recognition and identification, counting practice and organisation. Hands-on play helps build a concrete foundation of skills through exploration, imagination, and fun.Players spin the spinner then use the Jumbo Tweezers to carefully select one of each fruit to win the game.
- developing fine motor skills
- vocabulary building
- counting practice.
Who is this game good for?
- Any child aged 3 years+ (due to choking hazards and small parts)
- Pre-school children developing their grip strength in readiness for handwriting – they might not manage the tripod grip with these tweezers at first so let their grip develop naturally rather than push too soon for the tripod grip.
- Primary school children of all ages seeking to have fun whilst developing their tripod grip strength for handwriting
- Fun families from 3-103!
- Children with dyspraxia and dysgraphia will find this game enormously helpful to improve their grip strength
- Any child currently using a pencil grip in school to aid their handwriting