As a provider of essential supports to children with additional needs Sensational Kids has put in place the following covid-19 safety protocols that facilitate continuity of services, both in person at our child development centres, as well as telehealth supports via secure online video calls. Continuity of therapy supports are vital for children with additional needs in order to maintain progression and avoid regression, as well as to help maintain routine and self regulation, thereby avoiding sensory seeking behaviours that can arise as a result. Self regulation allows kids to manage their emotions, behaviour and body movement when they’re faced with a situation that’s tough to handle.
- We have amended our appointment schedules to allow for extra time between each therapy session to allow for cleaning and sanitisation.
- If your child is unable to avail of in-person sessions with your therapist, just let us know. We can also provide support for your child by secure video telehealth sessions instead, where appropriate.
- Parents can also avail of guidance and mentoring to support their child’s needs at home via online video calls (telehealth) with any of our therapy team
- All parent and teacher/school consultation appointments will be delivered via video call (telehealth)
- Telehealth services will remain a permanent option to you. You can continue to book online video sessions if that is your preference. Your therapist can also discuss moving to a hybrid or blended model of care where some sessions are in-person and some are virtual.
- We are required to screen all individuals before every visit to the clinic by asking several key questions related to possible COVID-19 exposure and current health status. In short, if you or your child are feeling at all ill, please cancel your appointment.
- You will be required to complete and sign our Covid-19 screening questionnaire before each therapy appointment can take place.
Changes to Payment Policy and Procedures
- To decrease contact and touch points, all therapy sessions must be paid in full by credit/debit card over the phone or via our online booking facility at the time of booking.
- Receipts will be issued by email.
Arriving and Leaving for your Appointment
- We ask that only ONE parent/guardian/caregiver attend your child’s therapy session. Please plan ahead to arrange for alternate care for siblings unless siblings/twins are also attending for therapy at the same time.
- We ask parents/guardians/caregivers to practice hand hygiene on entry to the clinic and practice physical distancing during the therapy session.
- Please do not bring in or wear gloves as they can bring infection from outside into our premises
- Child size hand sanitising stations are available at reception.
Personal Protective Equipment and Hygiene
- There will be a focus on hand hygiene before, during, and after sessions. As a matter of routine, we will all wash/sanitise hands at the start and end of every session.
- The Therapist: Your therapist will wear a Clear Face Shield or Face Mask depending on whether they are a casual or close contact during therapy sessions.
- Children: The current government guidance states that children do not have to wear face masks. If your child feels more comfortable wearing a mask or a clear face shield (their own or one we provide), or if they would like to be the same as their therapist and wear a Sensational Kids rainbow clear face shield, they are encouraged to do so. However, we realise many children will not feel comfortable wearing one. That is OK.
- Parents and Caregivers are strongly encouraged to wear a mask or face shield while attending the clinic. You can bring your own or they are available to purchase from our reception if you do not have one.
- Disposable face masks and our clear reusable face shields will be available to purchase when booking your appointment and can be collected on arrival for your appointment. Please let us know when booking if you wish to purchase a face mask or clear face shield in advance to ensure we have them available.
- If you or your child wishes to purchase a Face Shield or disposable face mask in advance of your therapy appointment so that you can practice wearing them at home first if, you can purchase them from our online store or instore from reception
Social Distancing Practices
Parents: Whilst attending services at Sensational Kids, parents will be required to social distance from all staff, including the therapist and other service users during your appointment.
Child/Service User: As healthcare is an essential service, the therapist may provide direct contact with your child during the therapy session and may be within closer proximity than social distancing requires. This is an essential component for the delivery of effective therapeutic supports for your child. For this reason, our therapists will be wearing PPE (face shield), practice good respiratory etiquette and will wash or sanitise hands before and after every therapy session.
- There may be some restriction in terms of what equipment we will be able to use. For example the balls have been removed from the ball pools as it is not possible to sanitise the ball pool between therapy sessions.