Handwriting Without Tears
Friday October 15th 2021
If you are not able to attend for the live training on this date, you can still book and watch online for up to 30 days afterwards
Tania Ferrandino, OTR/L
Licensed Occupational Therapist,
International Presenter & Content Specialist with Handwriting Without Tears
Tania Ferrandino received her diploma in Occupational therapy from St. Loye’s school of Occupational Therapy in Exeter, England. She has over 15 years of experience providing services in psychiatry, rehabilitation, home health and the school setting.
For the past 10 years Tania has worked extensively with children. She has successfully written three educational grants for district handwriting curriculum comparison. Tania is currently a Workshop Presenter for Handwriting Without Tears® throughout the USA and internationally.
10.30 – 13:00 Writing & Readiness Virtual Learning Session
13:00 – 14:00 Break
14:00 – 16:30 Print Virtual Learning Session
We will also provide regular 5 minute “stretch” breaks to help keep you focused!
Morning Readiness & Writing Session
Readiness & Writing Objectives:
Learn new ways to enhance children’s well-being and school readiness.
- Plan your instruction based on developmental stages for writing readiness
- Explore activities that develop important social-emotional skills, including body awareness, taking turns and sharing
- Learn to teach size, shape, and position concepts for pre-writing, and sensory motor skills
- Learn our unique approach to effectively teach coloring skills
- Develop alphabet knowledge with music and hands-on play
- Use Hands-On Letter Play to build beginning habits for letter and number formation
- Understand how to use developmental strategies to help children progress from tracing their letters and numbers to writing their names
Afternoon Print Virtual Session
Provide the knowledge, skills and materials needed to effectively teach print.
- Understand the handwriting process
- Incorporate foundation skills prior to paper and pencil
- Combine developmental and multisensory teaching strategies to teach print
- Identify handwriting assessments
- Apply simple, yet effective remediation strategies
- Share importance of handwriting with research
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is suitable for education professionals, allied health professionals and parents. The Handwriting Without Tears Workshop will be of interest to
- Occupational Therapists
- School Principals
- Resource Teachers
- Special Needs Assistants
- Educational Psychologists
- Anybody interested in learning how to teach handwriting to children of all abilities
Workshop System Requirements:
(It is HIGHLY recommended that you test your device prior to joining the workshop.)
- Test ON24.
Conduct an ON24 system test.
- If you have issues joining the webinar, review the Webinar Help Guide.
- The login link will be sent on the day of the workshop. Log in to the ON24 link at least 15 minutes prior to start time to test the workshop link and your audio connection.
This is a virtual, instructor-led workshop. Use your own laptop or desktop to participate in this online workshop through the internet.
Online Course Delivery
This online Handwriting Without Tears Workshop will be delivered LIVE from 10.30am – 4.30pm on Friday, 15th October 2021.
- Prior to the workshop, you will receive your workshop pack containing Handwriting Without Tears materials worth €190+ by courier delivery. Please have these with you when you are doing the online workshop.
- We use the On24 platform for virtual training. It is very user-friendly and has nice reporting capabilities. We are able to track attendee usage which will provide necessary documentation for those who want to become Level 1 certified.
- Prior to the training date, we will send you a test link for testing purposes. We do this to ensure everyone is able to access On24 and feels comfortable with joining the training ahead of time.
- Google Chrome is the recommended browser for On24.
- Tania, as the presenter, will be on video periodically throughout the presentation for activity demonstration. The attendees audio and video will default to mute; however, you will have the opportunity to share ideas and comments through a Group Chat feature. You will also be able to submit questions through the Q&A feature and Tania will answer/talk through those with the entire group.
- Attendance Certificates will be provided for the hours of the presentation.
- Following the training session, attendees will receive:
one-year access to the Virtual Professional Development Hub (VPDH) and
90-day access to our Interactive Teaching Tools for Pre-K and Handwritin
- If you are unable to attend the Live Training on the day, you will receive a link to the recording that will be available for 30 days after the actual session date.
Handwriting Without Tears Online Workshop Rates
All rates include the items listed below:
- Early Bird booking Rate €225 for bookings made before 20th August 2021
- Regular Booking Rate €249
- Late Booking Rate from 24th September 2021 €275
Places on this this live workshop are LIMITED so please book early to secure your place.
*Please note that you should register by 24th September 2021 at the latest, to allow time for your workshop pack to be ordered and delivered to you. We cannot guarantee delivery of the workshop pack before the course date for bookings made after 24th September 2021.
The prices above are for Ireland only. In order to cover extra shipping costs for international attendees (those outside of Ireland a fee of €35 will be added to your cart.
Included In The Course Cost:
- Attendance Certificate
- High Quality Online Training
- One-year access to the Virtual Professional Development Hub (VPDH)
- 90-day access to our Interactive Teaching Tools for Pre-K and Handwriting.
- You will also receive a Workshop Pack containing over €190 worth of Handwriting Without Tears Materials, which will be delivered to you by courier before the workshop.
Workshop Materials Pack Contains
- 1 x Wood Pieces Set for Capital Letters
- 2 x Mat for Wood Pieces
- 2 x Slate Chalkboard
- 1 x Blackboard with Double Lines
- 1 x Magnetic Lowercase & Blackboard Set
- 1 x Little Chalk Bits
- 1 x Little Sponge Cubes
- 1 x Get Set for School Sing Along music album CD
- 1 x Rock, Rap, Tap & Learn music album CD
- 2 x Workshop Participation Manuals
- Delivery of workshop packs to locations outside of the Republic of Ireland will incur an additional delivery charge of €35. .