Stephanie joined the team at Sensational Kids in Kildare as a Paediatric Speech and Language Therapist in 2022, having previously lived and worked in Denver, Colorado, USA. Stephanie graduated with honours with a degree in Speech Pathology and Audiology and a minor in Psychology from Kent State University in 2017. She went on to receive a master’s degree in Speech Language and Hearing Sciences from the University of Colorado, Boulder in 2020.
Stephanie has worked with a variety of clients, from young children with language delays to older adults seeking post-stroke rehabilitation. She has worked in school settings to meet educational needs as well as in-home to improve functional, daily communication. Her primary focus has been serving young children with complex speech and language needs. Stephanie has worked with children who have a variety of diagnoses including Autism Spectrum Disorder, Apraxia of Speech, Cerebral Palsy, Developmental Delay, Down Syndrome, Intellectual Disability, and Traumatic Brain Injury. She has experience with providing both individual and group intervention as well as implementing a variety of standardized assessments. Stephanie most enjoys building relationships with children and their caregivers to discover their strengths and tailor intervention to their unique communication needs. Stephanie is delighted to be a part of the well-versed, multi-disciplinary team at Sensational Kids to provide children with a comprehensive and evidence-based therapy experience.
- B.Sc. Honours Degree in Speech Pathology and Audiology, Kent State University 2017
- M.A. Degree in Speech Language and Hearing Sciences, University of Colorado, Boulder 2020
- IASLT (Irish Association of Speech & Language Therapists)
- CORU (Organisation for Regulating Health and Social Care Professionals)
- ASHA (American Speech-Language-Hearing Association)
Continuous Professional Development Courses Completed
- Certificate in Disability Studies and Community Inclusion (2017)
- Northern Speech Services: Modified Barium Swallow Impairment Profile Student Training Course (2019)
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment Training (2019)
- KidsCare Paediatric Feeding and Dysphagia Competency Program (2021)