How to Identify and Support Children with Speech and Language Difficulties (includes Afasic Checklists) by Jane Speake
Every primary classroom is likely to have at least one child with some degree of speech and language difficulty. Here, Jane Speake offers a straightforward guide to identifying the children affected and a wealth of practical advice on support.
Incorporating the Afasic Checklists- easy-to-use tests for use by the non-specialist teacher- this book will:
- give you an overview of the various types of speech and language difficulties
- help you to spot the child with difficulties and show you what to look out for
- offer clear guidance on when to refer to speech and language therapy for assessment
- clarify the various roles played by education and health service professionals and parents- and how to work together for effective support
- give you practical ideas for supporting the child in the classroom and strategies for tackling specific areas of difficulty