Every primary classroom is likely to have at least one child with some degree of speech and language difficulty. Here, Jane Speake offers a straightforward guide to identifying the children affected and a wealth of practical advice on support.
Incorporating the Afasic Checklists- easy-to-use tests for use by the non-specialist teacher- this book will:
- give you an overview of the various types of speech and language difficulties
- help you to spot the child with difficulties and show you what to look out for
- offer clear guidance on when to refer to speech and language therapy for assessment
- clarify the various roles played by education and health service professionals and parents- and how to work together for effective support
- give you practical ideas for supporting the child in the classroom and strategies for tackling specific areas of difficulty