Developmental Dyspraxia: Identification and Intervention.
Aims to give parents, teachers and health professionals the confidence and know-how to diagnose and assess dyspraxia.
The text includes:
- background information on the neurological basis of the condition
- strategies for identification, diagnosis and assessment
- proven programmes of intervention which can be monitored by anyone closely involved with the child
- strategies to improve curricular attainments
- remediation activities to develop perceptual and motor skills
- programmes to develop self-esteem
- information about where to find help.
- Table of contents:
- Development of the brain and the significance of diet
- What is Dyspraxia?
- Observable characteristics
- Research Evidence
- Behavioural problems: neurological? psychological?
- Intervention in the ‘early years’
- Intervention with primary and secondary age pupils
- Adults with Dyspraxia