Mc William Park Hotel, Claremorris, Co Mayo
Monday 8th October 2018
Attend a Handwriting Without Tears workshop and get top tips and simple strategies, to immediately implement in your classroom for teaching handwriting
Providing the knowledge, skills and materials needed to effectively teach handwriting, our comprehensive, easy-to-use curriculum uses engaging multisensory techniques and research-based methods to make handwriting a natural and automatic skill for children of all ages and abilities. We use a fun hands-on approach to develop good skills and teach correct letter formation.
This Handwriting Workshop provides dynamic instruction in the teaching methodology from writing readiness and foundations at preschool stages through to writing in print.
Tania Ferrandino, OTR/L
Licensed Occupational Therapist,
International Presenter & Content Specialist with Handwriting Without Tears
Tania Ferrandino received her diploma in Occupational therapy from St. Loye’s school of Occupational Therapy in Exeter, England. She has over 13 years of experience providing services in psychiatry, rehabilitation, home health and the school setting.
For the past 10 years Tania has worked extensively with children. She has successfully written three educational grants for district handwriting curriculum comparison. Tania is currently a Workshop Presenter for Handwriting Without Tears® throughout the USA and internationally.
Readiness & Writing Objectives:
Learn new ways to enhance children’s well-being and school readiness
- Plan your instruction based on developmental stages for writing readiness
- Explore activities that develop important social-emotional skills, including body awareness, taking turns and sharing
- Learn to teach size, shape, and position concepts for pre-writing, and sensory motor skills
- Learn our unique approach to effectively teach colouring skills
- Develop alphabet knowledge with music and hands-on play
- Use Hands-On Letter Play to build beginning habits for letter and number formation
- Understand how to use developmental strategies to help children progress from tracing their letters and numbers to writing their names
Provide the knowledge, skills and materials needed to effectively teach print
- Understand the handwriting process
- Incorporate foundation skills prior to paper and pencil
- Combine developmental and multisensory teaching strategies to teach print
- Indentify handwriting assessments
- Apply simple, yet effective remediation strategies
- Share importance of handwriting with research
Handwriting Without Tears Workshop Ticket Prices
Regular Rate: €249
Late Booking Rate after 1st October 2018 €275
Places on this workshop are LIMITED so please book early to secure your ticket.
Included In Your Ticket Price
- Hot Main Course Lunch with Tea/Coffee
- Refreshments on arrival and during break times
- Attendance Certificate
- High Quality Training
- Car Parking
- Entry to prize draw to win Handwriting Without Tears materials during the workshop
Pack of Handwriting Without Tears Materials worth €157 to take home with you.
Your Pack Contains:
- 1 Wood Pieces for Capital Letters
- 2 Mat for Wood Pieces
- 2 Slate Chalkboards
- 2 Blackboard With Double Lines
- 1 Little Chalk Bits
- 1 Sponge Cubes
- 1 Get Set for School Sing Along CD
- 1 Rock, Rap, Tap and Learn CD
8.30am – 9am: Registration, Distribution of Workshop Packs & Refreshments
9am – 5pm: Handwriting Without Tears Workshop
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is suitable for education professionals, allied health professionals and parents. The Handwriting Without Tears Workshop will be of interest to
- Occupational Therapists
- School Principals
- Resource Teachers
- Special Needs Assistants
- Educational Psychologists
- Anybody interested in learning how to teach handwriting to children of all abilities
Mc William Park Hotel, Kilcolman Road, Claremorris, Co Mayo, Ireland. Phone: 094 937 8000.