About The Workshop
A must-do one-day course for parents, teachers and healthcare professionals working with children to enhance writing skills. The online workshop provides you with the knowledge, skills and materials needed to effectively teach handwriting. Our comprehensive, easy-to-use curriculum applies engaging multisensory techniques and research-based methods to make handwriting a natural and automatic skill for children of all ages and abilities.
Get top tips and simple strategies, to immediately implement in your classroom for teaching handwriting
Thousands of teachers, occupational therapists, educational specialists, and parents rely on our Handwriting Without Tears Workshops for the strategies and tools they need to help students succeed. Now it’s your turn.
Providing you with the knowledge, skills and materials needed to effectively teach handwriting, our comprehensive, easy-to-use curriculum uses engaging multisensory techniques and research-based methods to make handwriting a natural and automatic skill for children of all ages and abilities. We use a fun hands-on approach to develop good skills and teach correct letter formation.
This Handwriting Virtual Workshop provides dynamic instruction in the teaching methodology from writing readiness and foundations at preschool stages through to writing in print.
By attending this workshop you will learn to:
- Plan your instruction based on the stages of writing readiness
- Model essential foundation skills prior to pencil and paper
- Use Hands-On Letter Play to build beginning habits for letter & number formations
- Learn the developmental progression from colouring, tracing, to writing letters, words, and sentences
- Implement, teach and remediate handwriting
- Navigate the PreK and Handwriting Interactive Teaching Tool™
- Promote independent writing skills beyond workbook instruction
About the Presenter
Tania Ferrandino, OTR/L
Licensed Occupational Therapist,
International Presenter & Content Specialist with Handwriting Without Tears
Tania Ferrandino received her diploma in Occupational therapy from St. Loye’s school of Occupational Therapy in Exeter, England. She has over 15 years of experience providing services in psychiatry, rehabilitation, home health and the school setting.
For the past 10 years Tania has worked extensively with children. She has successfully written three educational grants for district handwriting curriculum comparison. Tania is currently a Workshop Presenter for Handwriting Without Tears® throughout the USA and internationally.
10.30 – 13:00 Writing & Readiness Virtual Learning Session
13:00 – 14:00 Break
14:00 – 16:30 Print Virtual Learning Session
We will also provide regular 5 minute “stretch” breaks to help keep you focused!
Morning Readiness & Writing Session
Readiness & Writing Objectives:
Learn new ways to enhance children’s well-being and school readiness.
- Plan your instruction based on developmental stages for writing readiness
- Explore activities that develop important social-emotional skills, including body awareness, taking turns and sharing
- Learn to teach size, shape, and position concepts for pre-writing, and sensory motor skills
- Learn our unique approach to effectively teach coloring skills
- Develop alphabet knowledge with music and hands-on play
- Use Hands-On Letter Play to build beginning habits for letter and number formation
- Understand how to use developmental strategies to help children progress from tracing their letters and numbers to writing their names
Afternoon Print Virtual Session
Provide the knowledge, skills and materials needed to effectively teach print.
- Understand the handwriting process
- Incorporate foundation skills prior to paper and pencil
- Combine developmental and multisensory teaching strategies to teach print
- Indentify handwriting assessments
- Apply simple, yet effective remediation strategies
- Share importance of handwriting with research
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is suitable for education professionals, allied health professionals and parents. The Handwriting Without Tears Workshop will be of interest to
- Occupational Therapists
- School Principals
- Resource Teachers
- Special Needs Assistants
- Educational Psychologists
- Anybody interested in learning how to teach handwriting to children of all abilities
Handwriting Without Tears Online Workshop Rates
All rates include the items listed below:
- Early Bird booking Rate €225 for bookings made before 10th June 2022
- Regular Booking Rate €249 includes all the items listed below
- Late Booking Rate €275 from 10th September 2022
Places on this this live workshop are LIMITED so please book early to secure your place.
*Please note that you should register by 10th September at the latest, to allow time for your workshop pack to be ordered and delivered to you. We cannot guarantee delivery of the workshop pack before the course date for bookings made after 10th September 2022.
Included In The Course Cost:
- Attendance Certificate
- High Quality Online Training
- One-year access to the Virtual Professional Development Hub (VPDH)
- 90-day access to our Interactive Teaching Tools for Pre-K and Handwriting.
- You will also receive a Workshop Pack containing over €190 worth of Handwriting Without Tears Materials, which will be delivered to you by courier before the workshop.
Your Workshop Materials Pack Contains:
- 1 x Wood Pieces Set for Capital Letters
- 2 x Mat for Wood Pieces
- 2 x Slate Chalkboard
- 1 x Blackboard with Double Lines
- 1 x Magnetic Lowercase & Blackboard Set
- 1 x Little Chalk Bits
- 1 x Little Sponge Cubes
- 1 x Get Set for School Sing Along music album CD
- 1 x Rock, Rap, Tap & Learn music album CD
- Delivery of workshop packs to locations outside of the Republic of Ireland will incur an additional delivery charge. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +353 45 520900 to find out more about delivery rates to locations outside of Ireland.
What Others Say about our Handwriting Without Tears Workshops in Ireland
“Excellent content, excellent teacher, everything broken down and easy to understand. Have learned so much today” L. Gleeson
“Very happy with the workshop, and I’m looking forward to implementing it with my son” M. Siewierska
“Excellent Course. Lots of very good information” A. Hughes
“It was very worthwhile. A lot of information delivered in a very explanatory manner – also very practical” H.O’Connor
“Very enjoyable and lots of learning” S.Hallahan
“Very informative and enjoyable, and plenty of resources, Thank you” B. Belton
“Presenter was excellent!” W O’Donoghue
“Doing this course helps me to see it’s possible for anyone to learn to write easily” M. Caulfield
“Workshop, really, really worthwhile. Tania has super presentation/teaching skills and has experience” A. Donagher
“I thought the speaker explained things well, kept everyone engaged and taught you how to teach. It was very practical as a teacher” Anon
“Excellent speaker and workshop. I know so much going home after this wonderful workshop with Tania” O. Kilcane
“Very practical workshop, Looking forward to putting it into practice. Great resource packs. Wonderful facilitator” E Ni Chatasaigh
Phone Sensational Kids 045 520900 for queries and information