Common Handwriting Difficulties and Strategies
Online Webinar: 29th March 2023 at 7pm
This webinar will explore handwriting, a complex skill that is a common reason for referral to Occupational Therapy. The webinar will outline the foundational skills required for handwriting, common difficulties experienced by children and strategies for home and school to support same.
- Explore the necessary underlying skills required for handwriting
- Discuss common or typical handwriting difficulties
- Explain why children may be experiencing these difficulties
- Discuss and share strategies for both home and school
- To answer any specific questions participants may have within an allocated Q&A section
Who will benefit from attending this workshop:
Parents and teachers who would like to be able to support children presenting with handwriting difficulties
Mary Lucey, Senior Paediatric Occupational Therapist
Mary Lucey, is an experienced paediatric occupational therapist who is the Therapy Team Leader at our Child Development centre in Clonakilty, West Cork
Mary has worked with children with a variety of diagnoses, including Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism, Dyspraxia, Developmental Coordination Disorder, Neurological conditions, Down Syndrome and Intellectual Disabilities. Mary also has significant experience in guiding her practice with a variety approaches, including Sensory Integration, CO-OP and behavioural approaches.
Mary graduated from University College Cork in 2016 with a degree in Occupational Therapy. Following her graduation Mary worked in a private children’s occupational therapy clinic in Dublin and for the HSE in Cork before joining Sensational Kids in 2018.
Mary has already completed significant training in Ayres Sensory Integration and is currently finalising her training to become an Ayres Sensory Integration Practitioner. Ayres Sensory Integration is evidence based, accredited and internationally recognised training for sensory integration.
In June 2022 Mary was promoted to the role of Therapy Team Leader for our Child Development Centre in Clonakilty, West Cork.
- Early Bird Rate for bookings made up until 31st January 2023: €20
- Regular Rate for bookings from 1st February – 28th February 2023 : €25
- Late Booking Rate for bookings made on or after 1st March 2023: €30
This workshop will be delivered on Zoom and will last approx. 1 hour from 7-8pm