AN INTRODUCTION TO SENSORY PROCESSING
This seminar is suitable for parents and other people working with children with sensory processing difficulties. It will provide basic information about sensory processing. We will cover the terminology used when discussing sensory processing including sensory systems, sensory modulation, and arousal levels.
We will discuss how children with sensory processing difficulties may present and strategies that can be used to help tackle sensory difficulties. We will also briefly discuss the relationship between sensory processing difficulties and behaviours.
• To increase understanding of Sensory Systems and Sensory Processing
• To learn about sensory thresholds and how they present in children
• To understand sensory modulation
• To begin to distinguish between sensory and behaviour
• To help you identify and understand your child’s sensory needs
• Give you some tools to help address your child’s sensory issues
Wednesday 22nd November 2107
10.30am – 11.30am
At Sensational Kids
€10 per person
Book your place online using the link below
Places are strictly limited so early booking is recommended
Senior Occupational Therapist at Sensational Kids
Amanda joined Sensational Kids as an experienced Senior Occupational Therapist after working as a Paediatric Occupational Therapist for six years with the HSE. In this position she gained experience working with children with a range of conditions including ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, DCD/Dyspraxia and children without diagnosis who are falling behind or have Sensory Processing Disorders.Amanda has a strong interest in Sensory Integration.