Voluntary Board Member Sinead Callinan is a management consultant & project manager in the healthcare, research and digital health space. With over 15 years’ experience in healthcare, she has overseen healthcare operations, audit, implementation and change management efforts and consulted on business and product development activities.
Sinead trained as a radiotherapist, graduating with a BSc. from Trinity College’s School of Medicine. She established and managed the clinical research program in the Beacon Hospital, where she also served as a member of the clinical quality, audit and medical research ethics committees. Sinead completed a postgraduate master’s program in Clinical Research in the University of London and has taught at a master’s level at Trinity College, Dublin.
Sinead has previously worked in clinical research oversight within a multinational pharmaceutical organisation and is a member of the HSE’s Council of Clinical Information Officers.
Sinead joined the board of Sensational Kids in February 2019 and also serves on the Clinical Governance subcommittee of Sensational Kids.
Publications & Presentations:
- “Early Outcomes of Thoracic Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy: Community-based Experience”. Journal of Thoracic Oncology- Dec 2010;
- “EP-1598 A Retrospective analysis of the management of brain metastasis using stereotactic radiosurgery”. Radiotherapy and Oncology – May 2012;
- “Stereotactic Radiosurgery for the Treatment of Brain Metastases; Results from a single institution experience”. Irish journal of Medical Science – Jan 2013.
- “Role of research in SRS/SBRT–Are all questions answered?” Invited Speaker, 2nd Annual UPMC Beacon Hospital and UPMC International Stereotactic Radiosurgery and Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy Symposium, October 2013.
- “Treatment Planning for Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy” Guest Lecturer, Taught MSc programme, School of Medicine, Trinity College, October 2012.
- “Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy Pre-treatment, treatment and practical considerations in service delivery” Guest Lecturer, Taught MSc programme, School of Medicine, Trinity College, October 2012.
- “A retrospective analysis of the management of brain metastasis using stereotactic radiosurgery”
- Poster Presentation, ESTRO 31 Conference May 2012.
- “Clinical Experience of SBRT for patients with intra-thoracic /abdominal lesions” Poster Presentation, 10th Biennial ESTRO Conference on Physics and Radiation Technology for Clinical Radiotherapy–August 2009.
- “Pre-meeting teaching course in IGRT” Invited Speaker, 13th National IIRRT Conference November 2009
- “The Clinical Implementation of Gated and Non-Gated Stereotactic Procedures” Invited Speaker, All Ireland Radiation Therapy Study Day March 2009