Sarah joined our team at Sensational Kids in February 2018 as an experienced Speech & Language Therapist. Sarah has over five years experience working as a Speech and Language Therapist and worked with the HSE on a school age disability team prior to joining Sensational Kids. Sarah has experience in the administration of a range of standardised assessments as well as informal play based assessment and has provided individual and group therapy to children of all ages and abilities. Sarah has experience working with children with a range of conditions including Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, Downs Syndrome, Intellectual Disability and Developmental Delay.
In addition, Sarah has provided home tuition for a child with autism spectrum disorder as well as 1:1 tuition for children at Saplings School for Children with Autism. Sarah also has experience in providing a community based Speech & Language Therapy service to children with a range of communication difficulties.
Sarah is no stranger to Sensational Kids, having completed a Therapy Graduate Volunteer Programme with us in 2012! We are delighted to welcome Sarah back to Sensational Kids as a Senior Speech & Language Therapist.
- Masters of Science in Speech and Language Therapy, MSc. (Hons) from University of Limerick
- Higher Diploma in Psychology, HDip (Hons) from NUI, Galway
- Bachelor of Arts/ Psychology and English, BA (Hons) from NUI, Galway
- Member of IASLT (Irish Association of Speech and Language Therapists)
- CORU (organisation for regulating health and social care professionals)
Continuous Professional Development Courses Completed
- DIR/Floortime; The action is in the interaction! Developmental, Individual differences, Relationship based model; Integrating the neurological and emotional development of the child. Presented by Mari Caulfield Speech & Language Therapist, Kathy Walmsley Occupational Therapist & DR. Barbara Kalmanson, Clinical Psychologist & Special Educator-Guest (May 2018)
- Derbyshire Language Scheme
- Solution focused practice – John Sharry
- Lámh Module 1
- Practise Education Workshop – NUI, Galway
- Motor speech disorders – Joseph Duffy
- Assessment and management of voice disorders – Voice Special Interest Group (SIG)
- Dysphagia training; Assessment, Intervention & Risk Management – University of Limerick
- Intervention for 2 year old children with speech disorders – Barbara Dodd workshop
Speech & Language Therapy Appointments
To make an appointment for assessment or intervention with Sarah Gorman, Speech & Language Therapist, at Sensational Kids
Phone Sensational Kids 045 520900