Maxine is the Therapy Team Leader at Sensational Kids, Child Development centre in Kildare. Maxine is an experienced, sensory trained, Paediatric Occupational Therapist who completed her Occupational Therapy degree at the University of Pretoria in 2014.
Maxine is also a qualified Ayres Sensory Integration Practitioner, having completed the Ayres Sensory Integration Training, which is a research based, accredited and internationally recognised qualification in sensory integration.
Maxine has a passion for working with children and has specialised in paediatrics since 2016. Her goal as a therapist is to support children through the learning process and assist them in developing the skills needed to perform purposeful activities in everyday life.
Maxine has a special interest in sensory integration and infant development and has completed additional training including Ayres Sensory Integration Training and Ignite Core Training Program for neonatal therapists.
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy, BSc. from The University of Pretoria (2014)
- Ayres Sensory Integration Practitioner SAISI 2016-2018
- AOTI member (Association of Occupational Therapists in Ireland)
- CORU (Organisation for regulating health and social care professionals in Ireland)
Continuous Professional Development Courses Completed
- Handwriting Without Tears, 2022
- Ithemba Foundations of Neonatal Therapy, 2021
- Ignite Core Training Program for Neonatal Therapists, 2020-2021
- Makaton Beginners workshop, 2019
- Magic Blox for Therapists: A course for building emotional intelligence in children, 2019
- Ayres Sensory Integration Training, SAISI 2016-2018
- Praxis Made Perfect, 2018
- Spotlight on Self Regulation, 2016
- Stark Griffin Dyslexia Training, 2015
- Mush Perrins 2-day Paediatric workshop 2015