Mary Lucey, is an experienced paediatric occupational therapist who is the Therapy Team Leader at our Child Development centre in Clonakilty, West Cork
Mary has worked with children with a variety of diagnoses, including Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism, Dyspraxia, Developmental Coordination Disorder, Neurological conditions, Down Syndrome and Intellectual Disabilities. Mary also has significant experience in guiding her practice with a variety approaches, including Sensory Integration, CO-OP and behavioural approaches.
Mary graduated from University College Cork in 2016 with a degree in Occupational Therapy. Following her graduation Mary worked in a private children’s occupational therapy clinic in Dublin and for the HSE in Cork before joining Sensational Kids in 2018.
Mary has already completed significant training in Ayres Sensory Integration and is currently finalising her training to become an Ayres Sensory Integration Practitioner. Ayres Sensory Integration is evidence based, accredited and internationally recognised training for sensory integration.
In June 2022 Mary was promoted to the role of Therapy Team Leader for our Child Development Centre in Clonakilty, West Cork.
Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy, BSc. from University College Cork (2016)
Professional Credit Award, Clinical Supervision: Supporting Continuing Professional Development from National University of Ireland, Galway (2021)
AOTI member (Association of Occupational Therapists in Ireland)
CORU (organisation for regulating health and social care professionals)
Continuous Professional Development Courses Completed
- ADOS 2 Clinical Training for Clinicians, Run by Trinity College Dublin, Presented by Professor Louise Gallagher, Chair of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Assessing Play ToP to TOES presented by Anita Bundy
- Therapeutic Listening – Listening With The Whole Body
A Two Day Workshop Presented By Sheila Frick OTR/L
- Clinical Reasoning For Occupational Therapists, With training in The SpIRiT
(Sensory Processing/Integration, Reasoning Tool) of Paediatric OT©
Devised and Copyrighted by Tracy Murnan Stackhouse, MA, OTR/L & Angela Sauer Graf, MS, OTR/L, with Kaitlin Dollard, MS, OTR/L, Emily Marshall, MS, OTR/L, Ruth Meissner, CCC-SLP and Jess Rempel, MOT, OTR/L
A Three Day Workshop Presented by Tracy Murnan Stackhouse, MA, OTR/L
- DIR/Floortime; The action is in the interaction! Developmental, Individual differences, Relationship based model; Integrating the neurological and emotional development of the child. Presented by Mari Caulfield Speech & Language Therapist, Kathy Walmsley Occupational Therapist & DR. Barbara Kalmanson, Clinical Psychologist & Special Educator-Guest (May 2019)
- Ayres Sensory Integration Module 1 Online Sensory Integration Theory, The Sensory Project,
- Ayres Sensory Integration Module 2 Comprehensive Assessments in Sensory Integration
- Ayres Sensory Integration Module 3 Hands-on comprehensive assessment in Ayres Sensory Integration
- Visual Perception– Exploring the Myths: An evidence based approach to assessment and intervention of visual perceptual difficulties for Occupational Therapists working with children with developmental disorders. Presented by Charlotte Sullivan, MSC (OT), MSc (DD) (February 2019)
- An Introduction to Assessing & Teaching Social Skills, presented by Alex Kelly & Amy Green, November 2018
- Handwriting Without Tears (October 2017 and 2018)
- Cognitive Orientation to Daily Occupational Performance (CO-OP) Course (October and February 2018)
- The Traffic Jam in my Brain online course, a sensory processing approach to challenges associated with Autism, ADHD, Learning and Behavioural Differences run by Sensory Tools USA and facilitated by Genevieve Jereb (October 2017)
Appointments for Occupational Therapy at Sensational Kids, Clonakilty, West Cork
Appointments are available at Sensational Kids, West Cork Technology Park, Clonakilty, Co Cork
To book an appointment for occupational therapy for your child, phone Sensational Kids on 023 887 8208