Kim joined Sensational Kids child development centre in Claremorris, Co Mayo in 2019, having graduated from the National University of Ireland, Galway, with a BSc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy.
As an occupational therapist and the mother of a child on the autism spectrum, Kim understands the parent’s perspective of requiring services for their child, and can empathise with what families are experiencing, allowing for family centred practice.Kim loves to see children reach their full potential through meaningful occupational engagement while keeping it fun. With a keen interest in neurodevelopment, sensory integration and autism,
Kim is a very passionate Occupational Therapist who brings her personal experience as a parent as well as her clinical experience to her role at Sensational Kids.
- 2019 BSc. (Hons) in Occupational Therapy, NUIG (National University of Ireland, Galway)
- 2006-2007, Foundation Course in Psychotherapy, Galway Counselling Studies
- AOTI member (Irish Association of Occupational Therapists in Ireland)
- CORU (organisation for regulating health and social care professionals)
- Member of the Paediatric Advisory Group within AOTI
Continuous Professional Development Courses Completed
- Sensory Integration, Attachment and Trauma – An Introduction to Sensory Integration, Attachment and the Impact of Developmental Trauma.Presented by: Emma Snowdon, Advanced Sensory Integration Practitioner, Sensory Integration Network
- Therapeutic Listening – Listening With The Whole Body, A Two Day Live Webinar Presented by Sheila Frick; OTR/L and Tracy Bjorling; MS, OTR/L (April 2020)
- 2019 Handwriting Without Tears, Presented by Tania Ferrandino
- 2018 Infection Prevention and Control
- 2018 Children First training
Kim’s achievements include:
- 2019 completed research in neurorehabilitation with overall positive outcome for clients.
- 2015 Received academic scholarship from NUI Galway for Mature Student gaining top 1% score in MSAP exam.
- Planned & piloted sensory friendly screenings in IMC Galway which were taken up nationally by the IMC chain while working as a manager with the company.
- 2012 Completed the Galway Bay half marathon for Irish Cancer society.
- Completed National Autistic Society Earlybird programme, Sensory Strategies for Parents and Disability awareness training.
Appointments for Occupational Therapy at Sensational Kids, Mayo
Appointments are available Tuesday to Saturday at Sensational Kids, Claremorris, Co Mayo
To book an appointment for Occupational Therapy with Kim McGoona at Sensational Kids Mayo, phone Sensational Kids on 094 935 7005