Eimear joined the team at Sensational Kids in Kildare as a Senior Paediatric Speech and Language Therapist in 2022, having returned to Ireland after many years living and working in Singapore. She graduated with an honours degree in Speech & Language Therapy from University College Cork in 2014. Since then she has worked with children and young adults presenting with a variety of needs such as ASD, Down Syndrome, GDD, ADHD, Cerebral Palsy, DLD, ID and Speech Language delays.
Eimear has conducted both one-to-one and group-based therapy sessions in a variety of settings such as in clinics, schools, pre-schools and home environments. She strives to connect regularly with other team members, such as Occupational Therapists, Psychologists, Teachers, Early Intervention Specialists, to help ensure a holistic approach to therapy as well as to promote consistency and carryover. Eimear has a wealth of experience guiding and empowering parents and caregivers to help their child reach their full potential. She uses her extensive clinical experience as well as the most up to date clinical evidence to ensure she delivers a high standard of care to her clients.
B.Sc. Honours degree in Speech & Language Therapy, University College Cork (2010-2014).
CORU (Organisation for Regulating Health and Social Care Professionals)
AHPC (Allied Health Professionals Council)
Continuous Professional Development Courses Completed
- Lamh Module 1, March 2013
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS), November 2014
- DIR Floortime 101, June 2017
- Hanen: It Takes Two to Talk, September 2018
- Nuffield Centre Dyspraxia Programme, September 2020
- Play Assessment & Play for Learning, September 2020
- Making Friends: Strategies to Improve Social Understanding/Friendship Skills, June 2021
- Hanen: More Than Words, July 2021
- An Introduction to Children First, January 2022
- Dignity at Work, January 2022
- The Fundamentals of GDPR, August 2022