Ciara graduated as a Speech and Language Therapist in August 2019 from Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh, having previously earned a Bachelor of Arts with Children Studies in 2016, from National University of Ireland, Galway. Ciara has also spent a year working for the International School of Choueifat in Dubai as a class teacher of 31 kindergarten infants.
With experience of working with children in various different settings over the years Ciara has completed placements both in undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, working with children in preschools, mainstream schools, special educational schools, community hospitals and Early Intervention Teams. Ciara has also gained experience as a graduate clinician with Enable Ireland. Most recently Ciara has been working on a 1:1 basis with non-verbal children who have Autism on the home tuition scheme before joining our team at Sensational Kids in 2020.
Ciara’s main interest has always been in helping and caring. Ciara has always had a strong interest in working with children with disabilities and loves to work closely with the children and the parents to ensure the needs of the children are being met and strengthened.
- PgDip Speech and Language Therapy 2019, Queen Margaret, University, Edinburgh
- Bachelor of Arts with Children Studies 2016, National University of Ireland, Galway
- Member of IASLT (Irish Association of Speech and Language Therapists)
- CORU (organisation for regulating health and social care professionals)
Continuous Professional Development Courses Completed
Ciara is constantly continuing her professional development and strengthening her skills base through completing training and attending courses such as:
- Scottish Mental Health First Aid Training
- Talking Mats Training
- Children’s First Training
- Irish Neonatal Health Alliance, From Surviving to Thriving
- Igniting the inner voice.
Speech & Language Therapy Appointments
To make an appointment to see Ciara Gallen, Speech & Language Therapist at Sensational Kids, Kildare, please phone Sensational Kids on 045 520900