Cathy is a passionate, experienced Occupational Therapist specialising in pediatrics, who started her career as a social care key-worker where she spent 10 years in the fields of children’s and young adult mental health services including supporting young people (age range 7-18 years) with complex needs presenting with ASD, ODD, ADHD, anxiety disorders and psychosis.
Cathy then returned to education to study Occupational Therapy at Trinity College, Dublin. Since graduating from Trinity College, Cathy has worked as an occupational therapist in pediatric private clinical settings, where she has gained several years experience working with children who present with motor, cognitive, social, emotional and behavioral difficulties. Through her extensive experience, Cathy has managed a diverse caseload of children who presented with ASD, DCD, Down Syndrome, Angelman Syndrome and ABI.
Cathy is passionate about empowering children by providing them with the just right tools to support them to achieve their occupational goals and is very excited to join the Sensational Kids team to support children and families.
- 2011-2015 BS. (Hons) in Occupational Therapy, Trinity College, Dublin
- 2002-2005 BTEC Higher National Diploma in Care Practice, Inchicore College, Dublin
- Member of AOTI (Association of Occupational Therapists of Ireland)
- CORU (organisation for regulating health and social care professionals)
Continuous Professional Development Courses Completed
Cathy is constantly continuing her professional development and strengthening her skills base through completing training and attending courses such as:
- Sensory Integration; A joint perspective OT &SLT
- Children’s Therapeutic Yoga Instructor
- Cognitive Orientation to Occupational Performance (CO-OP Approach)
- Handwriting Without Tears
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) Level 1&2
- Primitive Reflexes and How They Impact Development (AOTA)
- Goal Setting in OT and Evaluating Client Centred Outcomes
- The Application and Development Therapy in the Assessment & Treatment of Young Children with a Disability, Dr Sidney Chu
- Vision 101 for School Based OT Practitioners approved by AOTA
- Motivational Interviewing
- Occupational First Aid
- Therapeutic Listening
Occupational Therapy Appointments
To make an appointment to see Cathy Bishop, Occupational Therapist at Sensational Kids, Kildare, please phone Sensational Kids on 045 520900