Brionán graduated from Glasgow Caledonian University with a first class honours in Occupational Therapy. Brionán’s journey with paediatric occupational therapy started as a student where she gained experience working with the Child and Adolescent Mental Health services (CAMHS) in Glasgow. Brionán then completed her final year placement in a private children’s occupational therapy clinic in Monaghan where she developed a keen interest in sensory integration. Soon after graduating, Brionán started working in private practice where she gained experience and then joined the team at Sensational Kids, Clones, Co Monaghan in March 2020.
Brionán’s previous experience includes working with children and adolescents with varied needs in clinical, school and acute settings. She has supported children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, Developmental Coordination Disorder/Dyspraxia, Sensory Processing Difficulties, behavioural difficulties, emotional difficulties, mood disorders and eating disorders. She has worked with children and families both one on one and in group settings and firmly believes that working in collaboration with a child’s parents, carers and teacher is key to achieving goals.
Brionán also believes that facilitating therapeutic interventions that are playful and fun are essential for a child to thrive!
- 2019: BSc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy from Glasgow Caledonian University
- AOTI member (Association of Occupational Therapists in Ireland)
- CORU (organisation for regulating health and social care professionals)
Continuous Professional Development Courses Completed:
- Therapeutic Listening – Listening With The Whole Body, A Two Day Live Webinar Presented by Sheila Frick; OTR/L and Tracy Bjorling; MS, OTR/L (April 2020)
- Handwriting Without Tears, Presented by Tania Ferrandino, 2020
Occupational Therapy Appointments
To make an appointment to see Brionan McAleer, Occupational Therapist at Sensational Kids, Clones, Co Monaghan please contact Sensational Kids Clones
- Phone 047 52671
- Email Clones@sensationalkids.ie