ADOLESCENTS DON’T HAVE TO DRIVE YOU CRAZY!
This book gives parents a step-by-step approach that will help end the hassles and offer concrete solutions.
In Surviving Your Adolescents, you will learn:
- What is normal adolescent behavior
- How to manage teenage risk-taking
- Exactly what problems require your “letting go”
- The Four Cardinal Sins (What not to do)
- The relationship between parent/teen communication and safety
- The five ways to improve your relationship
- What role to take: Observer, Advisor, Negotiator, Director
- How to respond to emotional blackmail
- From fashion to passion: guidelines to specific problems
Concise and encouraging, Surviving Your Adolescents, does not assume that parents of teens have infinite amounts of time, enery or patience. Dr. Phelan’s message is clear: you are neither alone or powerless.