Help reinforce the math concepts of counting, patterning, sorting, operations, and base ten. Ice bars hold 10 penguins each and connect 2 ways – horizontally (number line) or vertically (hundred grid). Includes 10 plastic ice bars and 100 plastic penguins in 10 colours.
A cool way to learn math
Reinforce counting, patterning, sorting, operations and base ten
Features ice bars that hold up to 10 penguins each
Ice bars can connect in 2 ways: horizontally (to form a number line up to 100) or vertically (to form a hundred grid)
Ideal for ages 5+
Ice bars hold 10 penguins each and connect 2 ways horizontally as number line or vertically as hundred grid.
Common Core State Standards Alignment:
- Operations & Algebraic Thinking
- Numbers & Operations
- Counting & Cardinality
Learning Style: Tactile, Visual
- Basic Concepts – Use these rubber penguins to teach basic concepts like color identification, matching, and identifying similarities and differences.
- Math – March these penguins all in a row to introduce AB patterning! Up to 10 students can practice this skill – hand them each a bar and a handful of penguins to create a simple reoccurring pattern.
- Fine Motor – To get these penguins to stand at attention, students use manual skills to pick them up one by one, turn and flip to position them and then hold them and firmly push each on the pegs of the ice bars. This helps students practice fine motor skills like pincer grasp, eye-hand coordination, and finger and hand strength.
Reinforces so many math concepts:
- base ten.
- 10 plastic ice bars
- 100 plastic penguins in 10 colours
- Activity Guide