Follow one of ten design templates or create your own mosaic using these 120 colorful wooden tiles.
More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Create a linear pattern using the blocks. Ask the child to replicate the pattern. Increase the difficulty by adding more blocks.
- Ask the child to sort the pattern blocks by color. Ask the child to count the number of pieces of each color. Ask the child to name each geometric shape. (green = triangle; yellow = hexagon; red = trapezoid; orange = square; blue = large rhombus/diamond; white = small rhombus/diamond)
- Ask the child to combine two or more blocks to replicate another shape. For example: two triangles make one rhombus. Stacking the blocks on top of each other may help the child better visualize the equivalency.
- Ask the child to find seven different ways to replicate the hexagon:
1) two trapezoids
2) six triangles
3) three rhombuses/diamonds
4) one trapezoid, one triangle, and a rhombus/diamond
5) one trapezoid and three triangles
6) four triangles and one rhombus/diamond
7)two rhombuses/diamonds and two triangles
Dimensions: 1.7″ x 8.5″ x 13.1″
Recommended Ages: 3+ years
Contains small parts.