They have proven to be of benefit for children with special needs and in particular autism, as well as any young child.
This series of books prepares children for a particular event, such as going to the dentist or going shopping. The books explain ‘what comes next’ on an outing, and therefore help children to get through the task or situation more easily, and ultimately reduce stress for themselves and those around them.
- Each book is a simple, clear uncluttered analysis of a task: going to the dentist; going to the doctor; going to the hairdresser; going to the restaurant; going to the supermarket; going swimming
- Each book has the same look and feel, and uses the same ‘family’ of characters, which promotes familiarity and learning
- These books are particularly useful for pre-school children, children from socially disadvantaged backgrounds and children with intellectual and learning difficulties
- The books can be used as part of a child’s Individual Education Plan to help them to experience new activities and to achieve developmental milestones
Practitioners, teachers and parents working with pre-school children, children from socially disadvantaged backgrounds and children with intellectual and learning difficulties.
The Off We Go!series support kids to partake in activities that they might otherwise find overwhelming, decrease parent stress levels, while at the same time provide a valuable learning tool.
The Off We Go! series includes the following titles:
- Going to the Supermarket
- Going to the Dentist
- Going to the Doctor
- Going to the Hairdresser
- Going to the Restaurant
- Going Swimming
- Going to a Birthday Party
- Going to Buy Clothes
- Going to Buy Shoes
- Going to the Cinema
- Going to the Optician
- Going on a Plane
Set of 6 books available here