Whatever the season or weather, this wooden play center has the shop for you! This kids lemonade stand OR grocery store features portable plastic bins for pretend shopping or storage, removable chalkboard signs, a spacious countertop, and a reversible fabric awning.
WARNING: Choking Hazard – Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Adult assembly required.
- Product: 50″ x 16.25″ x 32″ Assembled 25 lbs
- Package: 34″ H x 19″ W x 7.75″ L 26.8 lbs
Play food sold separately
Discover Countless Ways To Play
- Have kids stock the grocery store with play food (not included) by filling each bin with items by colour. The result will be a colourful feast for the eyes! Have child count the number of foods of each colour.
- Memory fun! Fill several bins in the grocery stand with one toy each. Ask kids to study the stand and then to look away while you remove the item from one bin. Have kids tell you what is missing!
- Demonstrate math concepts using the plastic bins. Nest the bins into two unequal stacks. Ask kids to compare the stacks. Which is taller? (Which has more bins?) Which is shorter? (Which has fewer bins?) Discuss addition by making two small stacks and counting the bins, then combining the two stacks and counting the total. You can remove bins to explore subtraction, too!
- Have kids run a lemonade stand, food stand or toy store using the play set. Encourage kids to gather toys and other items the shop will “sell,” and stock the bins, then open the shop and serve customers! Visit the shop and ask to buy several of the things the child has in stock. Make the play more elaborate by having kids decorate shopping bags, write out receipts, or make change with play money!