All OT’s love beading and threading games!
This particular activity is great as it can be used for children of various ages and skill development stages.
For the younger child, sorting the beads by colour or shape and building block towers with the cube beads are valuable activities to promote task organisation, matching and basic concept development (shape and colour). The beads could also be used as counters for entry level addition and subtraction.
For the slightly more skilled child, threading the beads onto the string supports the development of a number of other skills:
- Using both hands together (bilateral integration)
- Refined eye-hand coordination
- Refined pincer grasp
- In hand manipulation
- Fine motor planning
- Creativity – if they are encouraged to create their own designs or patterns with the beads.
- Copying and sequencing skills – if they choose to follow the designs on the pattern cards
- 20 Activity Cards
- 108 beads in 6 colours (red, yellow, orange, blue, green and purple)
- 2 – 36” black laces with 1” plastic tips
- Activity Guide
Beads measure 2cm x 1cm each approx.
Card measures 28 x 10.5 approx.