There are 20 million children in the United States who have Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD or ADHD).
This book provides a thorough description of the symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of ADD. It also includes an updated (2003) chapter on medications.
In straightforward language, Dr. Phelan addresses:
- Basic symptoms of ADD
- Effects on school, work, home and social life
- Causes and typical developmental course
- Seven indicators to predict the future
- How to diagnose ADD
- How to avoid the critical error in ADD diagnosis
- How to treat ADD through counseling, school interventions, behavior management and medication
Written in easy-to-understand language and with a positive, treatment-focused approach, All About Attention Deficit Disorder is a must-have resource for parents, teachers, physicians, and mental health professionals.