Sensational Kids is seeking expressions of interest from candidates who are interested in taking up the role of Company Secretary on our voluntary board of directors.
About Sensational Kids
Sensational Kids is an award-winning social enterprise with charitable status, that has already changed the lives of over 9,000 children, saving their families over €2 million in therapy fees. We provide vital front-line therapeutic supports for children and adolescents of all abilities, ensuring that these children in need have access to vital supports when and where they need them.
Headquartered in Kildare Town, Sensational Kids runs four regional child development centres in all four provinces: Kildare Town, Clonakilty – Co Cork, Claremorris – Co Mayo and Clones – Co Monaghan.
Sensational Kids is currently in a period of high growth as we deliver our plans to grow and scale our social impact by increasing the number of children supported each year. We are also embarking on a capital development project to custom build a flagship Child Development Centre in Kildare Town.
For more information visit About Us | Sensational Kids
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of your charity
Sensational Kids are seeking a voluntary Company Secretary. The company secretary provides comprehensive legal and administrative support and guidance to the board of trustees. If you have experience in this area and want to play a role in Sensational Kids we’re keen to hear from you.
Responsibilities will include the following
- Inputting to the strategic direction, contributing with insight, oversight and experience of strategy formulation in other sectors.
- Responsibility to ensure that the company complies with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements
- Oversee administrative duties, such as taking agenda items and preparing and circulating the agenda and any other papers
- Follow up on decisions taken at meetings in consultation with the chairperson
- Ensure the taking of Minutes at Board meetings and make sure these are kept in a Minutes Book and circulated to other members of the Board as soon as possible after the meeting
- Ensure membership records are up to date.
There will be 6 bi-monthly board meetings and 6 sub-committee meetings a year.
Meetings are mostly held online and sometimes in person in Kildare Town.
How to apply
If you feel that you can contribute to our voluntary board of directors and add value to the organisation, please get in touch in the first instance by email to our CEO Karen@sensationalkids.ie outlining why you would like to join our team.
Please note that this is a voluntary position, serving as a voluntary board member on our board of directors. Board of Directors | Sensational Kids