We have an exciting opportunity for Part-Time Paediatric Occupational Therapists and Speech & Language Therapists to join our growing team in Kildare Town to work on Fridays and/or Saturdays
How do you feel when you know you have made a difference to the life of a child? It feels good, right?
We have a wonderful opportunity to join our Sensational community at Sensational Kids on a part-time basis.
- Are you passionate about making a meaningful difference to the lives of children?
- Do you crave more satisfaction from your job?
- Are you a talented professional who would value joining a progressive organisation and team?
About Sensational Kids
Sensational Kids is a wonderful award-winning social enterprise dedicated to making a difference to the lives of children and families.
Sensational Kids is Ireland’s premier national non-profit clinic for children with neurodevelopmental related needs with Child Development Centres located in every province in Ireland in Kildare, Mayo, Monaghan, and West Cork, providing a range of therapeutic supports for children of all abilities.
As part of our innovative social enterprise business model, Sensational Kids is proud to provide Ireland’s only Child Development & Learning Store where 100% of the profits from every toy and product purchased go toward subsidising therapy services for children at our national child development centres around the country. Our retail function provides a vital income stream to support our therapeutic services.
We value our friendly and inspiring team, with whom you will work alongside, advancing your own knowledge and contributing to the field as you learn and grow in your role. Our therapy team are fully supported with regular clinical supervision as well as support from our Clinical Governance Team, Senior Therapists and Clinical Services Manager. We also support our therapy team with an annual personal CPD budget, in addition to opportunities to attend all of Sensational Kids training workshops, ensuring that your development as a therapist is propelled forward, boosting your ability to be a change maker for children and families.
- We value caring, empathetic people with emotional intelligence
- We value passion, fun and focusing on making a difference to the lives of children and families.
- We value bold ideas and bold leadership, and people who enjoy working in an innovative organisation through a period of high growth.
- We like to develop remarkable people.
- Provision of family-centred therapy including occupational/speech & language therapy assessment and intervention for children and young people through individualised and group treatment sessions, mostly as a clinic based service and and occasionally in community settings
- The provision of teletherapy to these children and their families where appropriate
- To act as a member of the Occupational/Speech & Language Therapy and Multidisciplinary teams in the planning, provision and development of professional quality services
- To support, share advice and liaise with our clinical team with respect to the delivery of clinical services
- To participate in clinical team meetings, case conferences and any other service meetings
- To ensure that all documentation, including individual clinical records are maintained in a secure, orderly and confidential manner using a computerised clinical records system and to maintain confidentiality in respect to all matters arising from your official duties
- Ensuring the maintenance and development of the therapy rooms and therapy equipment, ensuring the health and safety of all equipment is regularly assessed
- Ensuring the maintenance of professional development and the regular attendance, participation in and contribution to any CPD opportunities.
- Contributing to any promotional work for service development and media communications
- Any other reasonable duties associated with the post of a Paediatric Occupational/Speech & Language Therapist
- You will report directly to the Clinical Services Manager at Sensational Kids
- To demonstrate the competencies of the role in line with our Occupational Therapist Competencies
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Occupational Therapy ./ Speech & Language Therapy and validation of that qualification to work in Ireland
- A minimum of 1+ years post qualification experience in paediatric occupational therapy that includes working with children with additional needs, in particular working with children with autism spectrum disorders and down syndrome.
- Successful candidates must be accredited members of the AOTI / IASLT
- CORU Registration is essential
- The successful candidate will be Garda Vetted and references checked
- Must have use of own car for travel for school visits etc
- A passion for paediatric therapy and a willingness to learn and grow in the role
This is a part-time permanent post working on Fridays and/or Saturdays with flexible working hours options to choose your own hours
Term of employment
Part-time, permanent post, to work on Fridays and/or Saturdays
Sensational Kids Child Development Centre, Kildare Town
Salary & Benefits
A competitive permanent salaried role
Free onsite parking
Therapist uniforms are provided
Annual CPD Budget
A flexible schedule where you can choose your own working hours with full autonomy over your diary schedule
Professional & Personal Development
At Sensational Kids we love to develop remarkable people and support our team to be the best therapists they can be.
Avail of personal and group cpd budgets for training and mentoring.
Benefit from regular peer mentoring to share with and learn from our fabulous national child development team
Support from our clinical governance committee
Support and mentoring from our experienced Clinical Services Manager
Receive regular individual clinical supervision
Avail of our company well-being events and initiatives
Attend our own training workshops at no cost to you
At Sensational Kids, we dream big so that our vision of what we can achieve together is bigger than any individual.
We thrive on a positive team culture that focuses on positive mindsets with a fun loving and social team
Collaborate and work alongside a fantastic group of passionate therapists, colleagues and management team to provide holistic supports for children
We value our friendly and inspiring team, with whom you will work alongside, advancing your own knowledge and contributing to the field as you learn and grow in your role.
We value caring, empathetic people with emotional intelligence
We value passion, fun and making a difference to the lives of children and families
We value bold ideas and bold leadership, and people who enjoy working in an innovative organisation through a period of high growth.
Have fun at our team social and fundraising events throughout the year
Work and play in our amazing sensory integration gyms which are loaded with the best sensory integration equipment where the emphasis is on fun, fun fun!
Your own individual therapy room that’s loaded with amazing toys and resources from our shop
Your room is equipped with your own IT with cloud based clinical management software.
Messaging software so that you can easily collaborate with any team member in any of our centres around Ireland
Modern, custom built therapy facilities with free car parking
Centrally located facilities such as coffee shops, cafes and shopping facilities
Competitive annual leave package
Additional loyalty leave for additional years of service
Systems & Operations
Well developed systems and operational procedures (and induction program) to support easy, efficient and high quality service delivery.
Our amazing admin support team perform all appointment scheduling, billing, and provide support for scanning documents leaving therapists free to do what they enjoy most – delivering high quality care.
Faster Work Permit Processing
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcome applications from occupational therapists who have qualified and gained experience in other countries. We have Trusted Partnership status for Employment Permit applications with the Department of Enterprise, Trade & Employment under the Trusted Partner Initiative. Please note that CORU registration is also necessary
We anticipate this role will commence as soon as the most suitable candidate is available
How To Apply
Do you want to join our team? Just send your CV and letter of application now to Dana Katz Murphy, Clinical Services Manager, outlining why you want to join our team.
By Email: Dana@sensationalkids.ie
Sensational Kids is an equal opportunities employer