Sensational Kids is recruiting Paediatric Occupational Therapists to join our amazing team and community at Sensational Kids Child Development Centres across Ireland.
About Sensational Kids
Sensational Kids is an award-winning social enterprise dedicated to making a difference to the lives of children and families.
Sensational Kids is Ireland’s premier national non-profit clinic for children with neurodevelopmental related needs with Child Development Centres located in every province in Ireland in Kildare, Mayo, Monaghan, and West Cork, providing a range of therapeutic supports for children of all abilities.
Occupational Therapist Job Responsibilities:
- Provision of family-centred therapy including occupational therapy assessment and intervention for children and young people through individualised and group treatment sessions, mostly as a clinic based service and occasionally in community settings
- The provision of teletherapy to these children and their families where appropriate
- To act as a member of the Occupational Therapy and Multidisciplinary teams in the planning, provision and development of professional quality services
- To support, share advice and liaise with our clinical team with respect to the delivery of clinical services
- To participate in clinical team meetings, case conferences and any other service meetings
- To ensure that all documentation, including individual clinical records are maintained in a secure, orderly and confidential manner using a computerised clinical records system and to maintain confidentiality in respect to all matters arising from your official duties
- Assist with the preparation of parent/teacher training and advice sessions
- Ensuring the maintenance and development of the therapy rooms and therapy equipment, ensuring the health and safety of all equipment is regularly assessed
- Ensuring the maintenance of professional development and the regular attendance, participation in and contribution to any CPD opportunities.
- Assist with service development
- Occasional provision of training workshops for parents and teachers
- Contributing to any promotional work for service development and media communications
- Any other reasonable duties associated with the post of a Paediatric Occupational Therapist
- You will report directly to the Therapy Team Lead and Clinical Services Manager at Sensational Kids
- To demonstrate the competencies of the role in line with our Occupational Therapist Competencies
Qualifications & Experience
Degree or equivalent qualification in Occupational Therapy and validation of that qualification to work in Ireland
Ideally a minimum of 1+ years post qualification experience in paediatric occupational therapy that includes working with children with additional needs, in particular working with children with neurodiverse conditions, autism spectrum disorders, sensory processing disorders and down syndrome. New and recently qualified therapists are welcome to apply.
- Successful candidates must be accredited members of the AOTI
- CORU Registration is essential
- The successful candidate will be Garda Vetted and references checked
- Must have use of own car for travel for school visits etc
- A passion for paediatric occupational therapy and a willingness to learn and grow in the role
Full Time: Full-time posts work five days per week (35 hours) with flexible working hours options to choose your own hours
Part Time: We are always interested from hearing from therapists who are looking for part-time positions
Term of Employment
Full time and part time, permanent posts
Salary & Benefits
- A competitive permanent salaried role
- Free onsite parking
- Therapist uniforms are provided
- Investment into Annual CPD
- 5 year career progression program for new/recently qualified therapists resulting in an internationally recognised qualification in Ayres Sensory Integration
Professional & Personal Development
At Sensational Kids we love to develop remarkable people and support our team to be the best therapists they can be.
- Avail of personal and group CPD budgets for training and mentoring.
- Benefit from regular peer mentoring and reflective supervision to share with and learn from members of our child development team
- Support from our clinical governance committee
- Support and mentoring from our experienced Clinical Services Manager
- Receive regular individual clinical supervision
- Avail of our company well-being events and initiatives
- Attend our own training workshops at no cost to you
- Work and play in our amazing sensory motor gyms which are loaded with the best sensory motor equipment where the emphasis is on fun, fun fun!
- Your own individual therapy room that’s loaded with amazing toys and resources from our shop
- Your room is equipped with your own IT with cloud based clinical management software.
- Messaging software so that you can easily collaborate with any team member in any of our centres around Ireland
Competitive annual leave package
Systems & Operations
Well developed systems and operational procedures (and induction program) to support easy, efficient and high quality service delivery.
Our amazing admin support team perform all appointment scheduling, billing, and provide support for scanning documents leaving therapists free to do what they enjoy most – delivering high quality care.
Faster Work Permit Processing
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcome applications from occupational therapists who have qualified and gained experience in other countries. We have Trusted Partnership Status for Employment Permit applications with the Department of Enterprise, Trade & Employment under the Trusted Partner Initiative. Please note that CORU registration is also necessary
How To Apply
Do you want to join our team? Just send your CV and letter of application now to Dana Katz Murphy, Clinical Services Manager, outlining why you want to join our team and which location you are applying for. By Email: Dana@sensationalkids.ie
Sensational Kids is an equal opportunities employer