We are recruiting a full-time Speech & Language Therapist to cover maternity leave.
About Sensational Kids
If you are passionate about working with children this is the job for you.
Sensational Kids is is Ireland’s premier non-profit child development centre for children with neurodevelopmental related needs. We provide affordable and accessible therapy services for children and adolescents through our network of four Child Development Centres in Kildare, Mayo, Monaghan, and West Cork with a friendly and inspiring team of professionals with whom you will work alongside, advancing your own knowledge and contributing to the field as you learn and grow in your role.
Our clinical team are fully supported with regular clinical supervision as well as support from our Clinical Governance Team, ensuring that your development as a therapist is propelled forward, boosting your ability to be a change maker for children and families.
A career at Sensational Kids will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the lives of children and families!
If you are a positive, energetic, resourceful, self-motivated person who has the maturity and confidence to succeed in a busy environment and as part of a dynamic team this is the role for you!
- Provision of family-centred therapy including speech & language therapy assessment and intervention for children and young people through individualised and group treatment sessions, mostly as a clinic based service and and occasionally in community settings
- The provision of teletherapy to these children and their families
- Provision of weekly clinical supervision to a small team of speech & language therapists
- To act as a member of the Speech & Language Therapy and Multidisciplinary teams in the planning, provision and development of professional quality services
- To support, share advice and liaise with our clinical team with respect to the delivery of clinical services
- To participate in clinical team meetings, case conferences and any other service meetings
- To ensure that all documentation, including individual clinical records are maintained in a secure, orderly and confidential manner using a computerised clinical records system and to maintain confidentiality in respect to all matters arising from your official duties
- Preparation of parent/teacher training and advice sessions
- Ensuring the maintenance and development of the therapy rooms and therapy equipment, ensuring the health and safety of all equipment is regularly assessed
- Ensuring the maintenance of professional development and the regular attendance, participation in and contribution to any CPD opportunities.
- Assist with service development
- Occasional provision of training workshops for parents and teachers
- Contributing to any promotional work for service development and communications
- Any other reasonable duties associated with the post of a Speech & Language Therapist
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Speech & Language Therapy and validation of that qualification to work in Ireland
- Ideally, a minimum of 3+ years post qualification experience in pediatric speech & language therapy that includes working with children with additional needs, in particular working with children with autism spectrum disorders and down syndrome.
- Experience of providing clinical supervision
- Successful candidates must be accredited members of the IASLT
- CORU Registration is essential
- The successful candidate will be Garda Vetted and references checked
- Must have use of own car for travel for school visits etc
This is a full-time permanent post working five days per week from Tuesday to Saturday, although we can offer flexibility around hours and days worked.
Our opening hours are
- Tuesday 10am – 6pm
- Wednesday 10am – 6pm
- Thursday 10am – 6pm
- Friday 10am – 6pm
- Saturdays 9am – 4.30pm (excluding bank holiday weekends)
Term of employment
Full-time, fixed term post to cover maternity leave from early April 2021
Sensational Kids Child Development Centre, Clonakilty, West Cork
Salary & Benefits
- A competitive salary is available for the right candidate
- Sensational Kids basic grade salary scale: €35,296 – €44,974
- Sensational Kids senior grade salary scale: €52,074 – €56,687
- Regular clinical supervision
- Support from our clinical governance team
- Exclusive online workshops for Sensational Kids’ employees throughout the year
We anticipate this role will commence in early April 2021
How To Apply
Please send your CV and letter of application, outlining why you want to join our team.
By Email: Karen@sensationalkids.ie
Closing Date for applications: 28th February 2021
Sensational Kids is an equal opportunities employer