- Are you a recently graduated Occupational Therapist who is passionate about making a meaningful difference to the lives of children of all abilities?
- Are you interested in developing your clinical skills in pediatrics?
- Are you interested in investing time and effort into furthering your professional development?
- If so, we have a very exciting opportunity for you!
Sensational Kids has established a paid Occupational Therapy Graduate Programme to offer work experience opportunities for graduate therapists. As part of Sensational Kids’ social responsibility, we believe that we can provide excellent learning and career development opportunities to graduates who may be finding it difficult to access employment or to secure opportunities to maintain or enhance their clinical skills.
The purpose of this graduate programme is to implement a structured approach that will allow us to enhance the service provided to our service users in an effective, innovative and safe manner, while providing a meaningful opportunity for learning and development of recently qualified Occupational Therapists.
Sensational Kids recognises that graduates complement the work of our team and enhance services delivered by the service and values the diverse skills, knowledge, and enthusiasm that graduates can bring to our services
Anticipated benefits of the programme to the graduate therapist:
- Develop, maintain and enhance your knowledge and clinical skills as an Occupational Therapist
- Gain ‘on the job’ experience which may be of assistance when applying for further employment.
- An opportunity to participate in in-service training
- Receive regular weekly occupational therapy clinical supervision
- Benefit from a significant personal CPD budget of €3,000 over 12 months to attend clinical professional development courses
- The opportunity to attend Sensational Kids workshops, in addition to your CPD budget
- Further training will be provided in the areas of communications and time management
- Benefit from additional specialist professional supervision to develop your emotional resiliency as a newly graduated therapist including support to manage boundaries
- The opportunity to work alongside other Occupational Therapists and to have observation time of other Occupational Therapists working in other Sensational Kids centres around Ireland.
- Develop your skill set to liaise and work closely with the teachers.
- The opportunity to experience liaising and working with the Speech and language therapists through assessment and intervention sessions and through discussions and feedback sessions to develop your knowledge of other team member roles
- Learn more about play therapists and develop an understanding of their work and when referrals are required
About Sensational Kids
Sensational Kids is at an exciting stage of development and growth. Supported by Rethink Ireland as a Growth Fund awardee we are growing and scaling our social impact nationally. If you are passionate about OT and all things sensory this is an amazing opportunity for a recently graduated Occupational Therapist to join our progressive, award winning service whilst developing and learning in a supportive environment.
Sensational Kids is is Ireland’s premier non-profit clinic for children with neurodevelopmental related needs. We provide state of the art facilities at our Child Development Centres in Kildare, Mayo, Monaghan, and West Cork with a friendly and inspiring team of professionals with whom you will work alongside, advancing your own knowledge and contributing to the field as you learn and grow in your role.
Our team are fully supported with regular clinical supervision as well as support from our Clinical Governance Team.
We support our therapy team with an annual personal CPD budget, and opportunities to attend all of Sensational Kids training workshops, ensuring that your development as a therapist is propelled forward, boosting your ability to be a change maker for children and families.
A career at Sensational Kids will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the lives of children and families!
- Provision of family-centred therapy including occupational therapy assessment and intervention for children and young people through individualised and group treatment sessions, mostly as a clinic based service and and occasionally in community settings
- The provision of teletherapy to children and their families
- To act as a member of the Occupational Therapy and Multidisciplinary teams in the planning, provision and development of professional quality services
- To support, share advice and liaise with our Clinical Team with respect to the delivery of the clinical services
- To participate in clinical team meetings, case conferences and any other service meetings
- To ensure that all documentation, including individual clinical records are maintained in a secure, orderly and confidential manner using a computerised clinical records system and to maintain confidentiality in respect to all matters arising from your official duties
- Assist with the preparation of parent/teacher training and advice sessions
- Ensuring the maintenance and development of the therapy rooms and therapy equipment, ensuring the health and safety of all equipment is regularly assessed
- Ensuring the maintenance of professional development and the regular attendance, participation in and contribution to any CPD opportunities.
- Any other reasonable duties associated with the post of an occupational therapist
This is a full-time fixed term (12 months) post working five days per week from Tuesday to Saturday
Our opening hours are
- 9.30am – 5.30pm Tuesday to Friday
- 9am – 4.30pm Saturdays
Term of employment in the graduate programme
Full-time, Fixed Term post for 12 months
Sensational Kids Child Development Centre, Kildare Town
Salary & Benefits
- A competitive gross annual salary of €29,000
- Graduate Programme CPD Budget of €3,000 over 12 months
- 20 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
Who can apply?
The programme is open to recently graduated Occupational Therapists who have obtained a recognised validated University Degree in Occupational Therapy and validation of that qualification to work in Ireland
- Successful candidates must be accredited members of the AOTI
- CORU Registration is essential
- The successful candidate will be Garda Vetted and references checked
How To Apply
Please send your CV and letter of application, outlining why you want to join our Occupational Therapy Graduate Programme
By Email: Karen@sensationalkids.ie
Unit F2 Kildare Business Park
Closing Date for applications: 5pm Monday 16th November 2020
Sensational Kids is an equal opportunities employer