Sensational Kids is recruiting a Retail Manager to join our team at our Kildare HQ.
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Salary: A competitive salary, dependent on experience
Annual Leave: 21 days with 1 additional day annual leave for each year of service up to a maximum of 25 days
Based: Kildare Town with blended home working
About Sensational Kids
Sensational Kids is an award-winning social enterprise dedicated to making a difference to the lives of children and families.
Sensational Kids is Ireland’s premier national non-profit clinic for children with neurodevelopmental related needs with Child Development Centres located in every province in Ireland in Kildare, Mayo, Monaghan, and West Cork, providing a range of therapeutic supports for children of all abilities.
As part of our innovative social enterprise business model, Sensational Kids is proud to provide Ireland’s only Child Development & Learning Store where 100% of the profits from every toy and product purchased go toward subsidising therapy services for children at our national child development centres around the country.
With a fast-growing online store that ships internationally, as well as three retail outlets in Kildare, Clonakilty and Claremorris, the retail function provides a vital income stream to support our therapeutic services.
Sensational Kids, supported by Rethink Ireland as a growth fund awardee, is going through a period of growth and development, with a changing organizational structure as we journey our way through this phase of scaling our social impact.
Sensational Kids is ambitious, passionate, and innovative in our approach to achieving our goals. Currently in an exciting phase of growth, our plans include a new custom-built HQ in Kildare which includes a destination retail facility.
A career at Sensational Kids will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the lives of children and families!
Commitment to Equality
Sensational Kids is an equal opportunities employer. We commit to Respect, Equality, Inclusion and Diversity. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to success and help us to achieve our best potential as an organisation.
Sensational Kids is going through a high period of growth. This role is to take overall responsibility for the retail function, which includes an online store and three ancillary retail outlets to ensure excellent levels of customer engagement and experience.
The successful candidate will report directly to the CEO. You will support the efficient functioning and growth of the retail function, with a strong emphasis on stock management and excellent customer experience. You will have strong experience of online retail management whilst also having experience of developing and managing ancillary instore sales. You will ensure effective processes are in place and communicated across the full team whilst also being a hands-on, flexible person willing to grow with the organisation.
Job Description Details
- Stock management including processing orders with suppliers.
- Building relationships with suppliers
- Identifying new suppliers & products and agreeing terms with new suppliers
- Management of retail team
- Interview, hire and train new employees in retail activities.
- Responsible for resource identification, work assignment, performance evaluation, and promotion decision activities of retail staff.
- Customer service by phone and email including managing social media responses
- Processing orders received by phone, post and purchase orders
- Measuring, monitoring & reporting retail customer feedback via regular surveys
- Working closely with the head of marketing on business development and promotions both online and instore
- Monitoring product margins
- Reviewing and developing processes and policies that are required and identifying areas for improvement across all functions to ensure efficiency
- Working closely with the head of business development & marketing on tenders and proposals
- Updating the online store with new / updated products
- Monitoring and reporting on service delivery levels to ensure the highest levels of customer service are met
- Dealing with national and international transporters such as shipping agents and couriers to ensure optimum shipping of goods in and out including dealing with customs and tariffs
- As a member of the Retail Team, you will carry out ad-hoc duties as required and cover for other team members on leave.
- Like all staff, you will always act as an ambassador for Sensational Kids
What are we looking for & why?
You should be a highly motivated, energetic, target-oriented person with great attention to detail to support us during a period of organisational growth and development. You will be a person with great flexibility, recognising that the role requires someone who can take overall responsibility for the retail function as well as being someone who is willing to get stuck in with many varying tasks throughout this phase of organisational growth. You are someone who can be flexible to meet the demands and opportunities of cyclical sales periods such as Christmas.
You are someone who will be excited about joining an organisation in a phase of growth, whilst recognising and be willing to work through the challenges this brings on our journey of development. You should be a resourceful, self-motivated person who has the maturity and confidence to succeed in a busy environment and as part of a dynamic team.
Our working environment is different. We value caring, empathetic people with emotional intelligence who also can work in a fast paced, innovative, and changing work environment through high growth. We value passion, fun and hard work. We value bold ideas and bold leadership, and we like to develop remarkable people.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar retail management role
- You have knowledge and experience of using the back end of online store platforms.
- Experience and knowledge of stock management and purchasing, using a retail management software system.
- You will have a knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email & Teams)
- You have excellent customer service skills.
- Experience of both online and in-store retail management.
- Experience in supporting and managing people.
- You have a professional and enthusiastic attitude and friendly disposition.
- You are flexible and willing to carry out varying levels of tasks required by the role.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have an ability to build and maintain relationships.
- You are committed to excellence and have strong attention to detail.
- You can work independently and get things done in a changing environment.
- You are a team player and self-motivated problem solver.
- You can work under pressure to meet strict deadlines & differing seasonal phases of activity.
- You demonstrate the highest levels of integrity.
- You are passionate about making a difference to the lives of children and families and are committed to Sensational Kids mission and values.
Mission, Vision & Values
The Vision, mission and values of Sensational Kids are intrinsically linked and are driven by the objective of making a real difference to those children who require early intervention with specific additional needs.
How to apply
Please send your CV and letter of application, outlining why you want to join our team.
By Email: Karen@sensationalkids.ie
Sensational Kids CLG
Unit F2 Kildare Business Park
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 25th January 2021