Role Type: Part-Time 3 days per week (21 hours)
Location: Claremorris, Co Mayo
Salary: Competitive salary
We are recruiting a part-time Speech & Language Therapist to join our friendly team in Claremorris, Co Mayo.
About Sensational Kids
Sensational Kids CLG is an established award-winning social enterprise founded in Kildare in 2007. Our mission is to provide affordable and accessible therapy supports for children of all abilities.
Sensational Kids operates four nationwide Child Development Centres in
- Leinster (Kildare)
- Connacht (Mayo)
- Ulster (Monaghan)
- Munster (West Cork)
providing affordable, accessible and timely intervention services, such as occupational therapy, speech & language therapy, and play therapy.
Fundraising and earned income from Sensational Kids’ Child Development & Learning Store and training workshops help to subsidise our therapy services, so that we can bridge the gap between public and private therapy services, providing a practical, accessible, and affordable service for those in need.
In 2019, Sensational Kids supported over 1,290 children to avail of therapy supports across Ireland. Sensational Kids employs 23 people throughout our four locations throughout Ireland.
At an exciting stage in our growth development, we are looking for a part-time Speech & Language Therapist to join our team, reporting directly to the CEO and liaising closely with your clinical supervisor. The position will give the successful candidate exposure to contribute to the delivery of speech & language therapy to a wide range of children with additional needs.
Our Child Development Centre in Claremorris is a modern, well equipped facility with a friendly and inspiring team with whom you will work alongside, advancing your own knowledge and contributing to the field as you learn and grow in your role. Candidates must be motivated, passionate, flexible, and willing to contribute to the growth of our social impact. Our therapy team are supported with personal CPD budgets and regular clinical supervision.
A career at Sensational Kids will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the lives of children and families!
- Provision of family-centred therapy including speech & language assessment and intervention for children and young people in both clinic and sometimes community settings through mostly individualised ,and occasional group treatment sessions
- The provision of teletherapy to these children and their families
- To act as a member of the Speech & Language Therapy and Multidisciplinary teams in the planning, provision and development of professional quality services.
- To support, share advice and liaise with our Clinical Team with respect to the delivery of the clinical services
- To participate in clinical team meetings, case conferences and any other service meetings
- To ensure that all documentation, including individual clinical records are maintained in a secure, orderly and confidential manner using a computerised clinical records system and to maintain confidentiality in respect to all matters arising from your official duties.
- Assist with preparation of parent/teacher training and advice sessions.
- Assist with the development and provision of a series of online webinars on a variety of topics for both teachers and parents
- Ensuring the maintenance and health & safety of the therapy rooms and therapy equipment, ensuring the health and safety of all equipment is regularly assessed
- Ensuring the maintenance of professional development and the regular attendance, participation in and contribution to any CPD opportunities.
- Any other reasonable duties associated with the post of a Speech & Language Therapist
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Speech & Language Therapy and validation of that qualification to work in Ireland
- A minimum one years post qualification experience in paediatric speech & language therapy that includes working with children with additional needs, in particular working with children with autism spectrum disorders and down syndrome.
- Successful candidates must be accredited members of the IASLT
- CORU Registration essential
- The successful candidate will be Garda Vetted and references checked
- Must have use of own car for travel for school visits as and when required
- A positive, energetic, resourceful, self-motivated person who has the maturity and confidence to succeed in a busy environment and as part of a dynamic team
- Execution Orientation
- Good time management skills
- Team player who values integrity and respect
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational and communications skills
To apply please email Karen Leigh, CEO, at Karen@sensationalkids.ie by Friday 30th July 2020 with:
- Your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your fit with the criteria outlined above.
- Two references (name and contact details).
All applications will be treated confidentially