Sensational Kids is recruiting a part-time Speech & Language Therapist in Mayo
Due to the national expansion of our services, we have an exciting opportunity for a part-time experienced speech & language therapist to join our progressive, award winning service. This is part-time, permanent role at our new child development centre in Claremorris, Co Mayo which is opening at the beginning of July 2019.
Sensational Kids Child Development Centre, Claremorris, Co Mayo
About Sensational Kids
Sensational Kids is a national award-winning non-profit organisation serving children, adolescents, and professionals in a progressive, comprehensive, client centred model.
Sensational Kids operates as a child development centre, providing three key offerings for children and their families; accessible & affordable early intervention services for children in need of additional support, a child development and learning store providing a range of skill building toys and therapy products, and professional development training workshops for those working with children with special needs. Collectively, these services are ensuring that the children benefiting from them can improve their skills and maximise their potential.
Our Child Development Centre in Kildare is a modern, well equipped facility with an inspiring team of professionals with whom you will work alongside, advancing your own knowledge and contributing to the field as you learn and grow in your role. Candidates must be motivated, passionate, flexible, and willing to contribute to the growth of our company. Our therapy team are supported with personal CPD budgets and regular clinical supervision. A career at Sensational Kids will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the lives of children and families!
- Provision of family-centred therapy including speech & language assessment and intervention for children and young people in both clinic and community settings through individualised and group treatment sessions
- To act as a member of the Speech & Language Therapy and Multidisciplinary teams in the planning, provision and development of professional quality services.
- To support, share advice and liaise with our Clinical Team with respect to the delivery of the clinical services
- To participate in clinical team meetings, case conferences and any other service meetings
- To ensure that all documentation, including individual clinical records are maintained in a secure, orderly and confidential manner using a computerised clinical records system and to maintain confidentiality in respect to all matters arising from your official duties.
- Assist with preparation of parent/teacher training and advice sessions
- Ensuring the maintenance and development of the therapy rooms and therapy equipment, ensuring the health and safety of all equipment is regularly assessed
- Ensuring the maintenance of professional development and the regular attendance, participation in and contribution to any CPD opportunities.
- Any other reasonable duties associated with the post of speech & language therapist
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Speech & Language Therapy and validation of that qualification to work in Ireland
- A minimum two years post qualification experience in paediatric speech & language therapy that includes working with children with additional needs, in particular working with children with autism spectrum disorders and down syndrome.
- Successful candidates must be accredited members of the IASLT
- CORU Registration
- The successful candidate will be Garda Vetted and references checked
- Must have use of own car for travel for school visits etc
- Candidates should be available to start at the beginning of July 2019
This is a part-time permanent post working three days per week
Our opening hours are
- Tuesday 10am – 6pm
- Wednesday 10am – 6pm
- Thursday 10am – 6pm
- Friday 10am – 6pm
- Saturdays 9am – 4.30pm
Term of employment
Part-time, permanent post
The salary will be dependent on the experience of the successful candidate.
Our team are fully supported with clinical supervision, their own personal CPD budget as well as opportunities to attend all of Sensational Kids professional development workshops, presented by worldwide experts. Members of our team have undertaken further specialist training in Ireland, the UK & USA in:
- sensory processing;
- hippotherapy (occupational therapy using horses);
- auditory verbal therapy (speech therapy specifically for children with hearing loss); and
- sensory attachment intervention
Combined these supports ensure that our therapy team deliver the highest quality and most up to date interventions, ensuring that we deliver a better service and ultimately, better outcomes for children.
How To Apply
Please send your CV and letter of application outlining why you want to join our team.
By Email: Karen@sensationalkids.ie
Unit F2 Kildare Business Park
Closing Date for applications is Sunday 19th May 2019
Interviews will take place in Mayo