Sensational Kids is recruiting a part-time play therapist for our new child development centre in Clonakilty on a sub-contract basis with flexible working arrangements.
About Sensational Kids
Sensational Kids is a national award-winning non-profit organisation serving children, adolescents, and professionals in a progressive, comprehensive, client centred model.
Kids operates as a child development centre, providing three key offerings for
children and their families; subsidised early intervention services for
children in need of additional support, a child development and learning store
providing a range of skill building toys and therapy products, and professional
development training workshops for those working with children with special
needs. Collectively, these services are ensuring that the children
benefitting from them can improve their skills and maximise their potential.
Our new Clonakilty Child Development Centre is a modren, well -equipped facility with an inspiring team of professionals with whom you will work alongside, advancing your own knowledge and contributing to the field as you learn and grow in your role. Candidates must be motivated, passionate, flexible, and willing to contribute to the growth of our company. A career at Sensational Kids will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the lives of children and families!
- Provision of non-directive, play therapy/psychotherapy including assessment and intervention for children and young people within the family system through individualized treatment sessions
- To act as a member of our team in the planning, provision and development of professional quality services.
- To be part of sharing academic knowledge and experience, resources and liaise with our Clinical Team with respect to the delivery of the clinical services
- To maintain professional and clinical records of therapy sessions in accordance with confidentially, GDPR and your accredited body code of ethics.
- To ensure that all documentation, including individual clinical records are maintained in a secure, orderly and confidential manner and to maintain confidentiality in respect to all matters arising from your official duties.
- Ensuring the maintenance and development of the therapy rooms and therapy equipment, ensuring the health and safety of all equipment is regularly assessed
- Ensuring the maintenance of professional development and the regular attendance, participation in and contribution to CPD opportunities, clinical supervision and personal therapy.
- Be able to carry out the competencies of a Play Therapist/psychotherapist role in accordance with professional guidelines
Qualifications & Experience
- Applicants should have a recognized third level qualification in, counselling, early childhood education, psychology, social care work, social work, psychotherapy, teaching or relevant field.
- They must also hold a recognized post graduate qualification in play therapy and psychotherapy or minimum 3rd year student.
- At least 3 years clinical experience including working with children with additional needs
- The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of personal therapy hours.
- Successful candidates must be accredited members of their professional associations or just about to submit their paper work
- Candidates must hold their own professional indemnity insurance and proof to be provided.
- Garda clearance and a copy of references to be presented also. A new Garda clearance will be sought for the successful candidate
How to apply
Please email your letter of application and CV to Karen Leigh, CEO & Founder, Sensational Kids CLG by email to Karen@sensationalkids.ie by 31st October 2018