Reporting To: CEO
Role Type: Part-Time 2 days per week (14 hours)
Location: Kildare Town
Salary: Competitive salary
About Sensational Kids
Sensational Kids CLG is an award-winning social enterprise founded in Kildare in 2007. Our mission is to provide affordable and accessible therapy supports for children of all abilities.
Sensational Kids operates four nationwide Child Development Centres in
- Leinster (Kildare)
- Connacht (Mayo)
- Ulster (Monaghan)
- Munster (West Cork)
providing affordable, accessible and timely intervention services, such as occupational therapy, speech & language therapy, and play therapy.
Fundraising and earned income from Sensational Kids’ Child Development & Learning Store and training workshops help to subsidise our therapy services, so that we can bridge the gap between public and private therapy services, providing a practical, accessible, and affordable service for those in need.
In 2019, Sensational Kids supported over 1,290 children to avail of therapy supports across Ireland; and generated approximately €1.3m in turnover to fund that work. Sensational Kids employs 23 people throughout our four locations throughout Ireland.
At an exciting stage in our development, we are looking for a part-time Financial Controller to join our team, reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with both the CEO and the Finance & Audit Sub-Committee of our Board. The position will give the successful candidate exposure to contribute to the financial, commercial, and strategic management of an award-winning social enterprise.
This role, based at Sensational Kids HQ in Kildare Town offers with the opportunity to combine working from home with office based work https://www.sensationalkids.ie/
- Be the financial controller and planner for Sensational Kids providing excellent financial information, analysis, and advice to the CEO and the organisation’s leadership in pursuit of our mission and strategic goals.
- Help Sensational Kids to implement best-in-class financial structures, systems, processes, internal controls and reporting facilitates to satisfy our diverse range of stakeholders and ensure excellence in governance and compliance.
- Be part of the Senior Management Team to design, review, and improve financial processes to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports and statements.
- Implementing the financial objectives in our Strategic Plan 2019-2024
- Co-ordination and oversight of the General Finance functions (accounts payable, bank reconciliations, fixed asset register, debtors, VAT returns and employee related tax returns etc.).
- Co-ordinate and liaise with office personnel who are responsible for the ongoing posting of financial transactions
- Oversight of PAYE/VAT/CT control account reconciliations.
- Oversight of lodgment and cash handling
- Oversight of Filings and Returns (CRO, PAYE/Income Tax, VAT)
- Work closely with the CEO on cash flow planning and budgeting.
- Responsible for all financial reporting activities, including income/expenditure and balance sheet reports, KPI reporting and the development and monitoring of organisational budgets.
- Financial systems and Management Information Systems.
- Management of financial modules of cloud accounts system SAGE.
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets, Creditor (Accounts Payable) and Debtor (Accounts Receivable), control accounts, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Financial reports:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for presentation to Board and finance and audit committee. Reporting will be required on a regional basis also
- Preparation of account reconciliations and related analysis to support periodic close.
- Comparison of actual results to Budget and providing explanations for variances
- Responsible for general ledger accounting and management of general ledger postings.
- Full ownership of balance sheet control and reconciliation.
- Preparation and submission to auditors of Annual Financial Statements.
- Liaising with auditors and preparation of audit schedules.
- Liaise with CEO in relation to the preparation of funding proposals. Ensure reporting requirements in relation to funding secured are prepared and presented on a timely manner.
- Be responsible for financial relationships with key stakeholders and funders.
- Liaise with the Finance Subcommittee of the Board of Directors in relation to regularly produced financial reports and also assist them in completing any finance related projects that they have been mandated to carry out.
- Identify financial risks and implement policies and procedures to deal with identified risks and implement mitigation strategies.
- Communicate with the board, CEO and management teams on financial matters, ensuring responsibilities are being fully complied with and they are being provided with information necessary to fulfil their responsibilities and statutory obligations
- Perform special purpose or ad hoc analysis as required.
Key Performance Indicators
- Functions completed as per deadline
- Month End review of functions carried out
- Accurate monthly reporting
- Preparation of board papers
- Ensuring that the Financial Management Policy is implemented and adhered to
- Timely provision of detailed financial information to CEO and Board as required
- Preparation of and provision of supporting information for budget
Skills & Knowledge
- Qualified Accountant or book keeper or relevant financial controller experience
- 2-3-year minimum experience within the not-for-profit or social enterprise sector
- Detailed knowledge & hands-on usage of SAGE.
- Knowledge of SORP accounting and generally accepted practices for accounting for charities.
- Knowledge and awareness of Charity Regulator’s governance code
- Advanced Excel skills are essential as well as overall MS office and computer literacy
- A positive, energetic, resourceful, self-motivated person who has the maturity and confidence to succeed in a busy environment and as part of a dynamic team
- Execution Orientation
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Strategic Awareness and understanding of funding options available
- Team player who values integrity and respect
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational and communications skills
To apply please email Karen Leigh, CEO, at Karen@sensationalkids.ie by Friday 30th July 2020 with:
- Your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your fit with the criteria outlined above.
- Two references (name and contact details).
First-round virtual interviews will be held in August 2020. A second-round interview will be held face to face at Sensational Kids. We aim to have the new role commence by September 1st, 2020. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence