We are recruiting an Occupational Therapist for our Child Development Centre in Clonakilty, West Cork
A wonderful opportunity for a pediatric occupational therapist to join our progressive team at Sensational Kids to make a difference to the lives of children.
Are you a therapist looking for employment and career opportunities? If you are a positive, energetic, resourceful, self-motivated person who has the maturity and confidence to succeed as part of a dynamic team simply get in touch with us.
- Are you passionate about making a meaningful difference to the lives of children of all abilities?
- Do you crave more satisfaction from your job?
- Are you a talented professional who would value joining a progressive organisation?
We support our therapy team with an annual personal CPD budget, and opportunities to attend all of Sensational Kids training workshops, ensuring that your development as a therapist is propelled forward, boosting your ability to be a change maker for children and families.
About Sensational Kids
Sensational Kids is an award-winning social enterprise dedicated to making a difference to the lives of children and families.
Sensational Kids is Ireland’s premier national non-profit clinic for children with neurodevelopmental related needs with Child Development Centres located in every province in Ireland in Kildare, Mayo, Monaghan, and West Cork, providing a range of therapeutic supports for children of all abilities.
As part of our innovative social enterprise business model, Sensational Kids is proud to provide Ireland’s only Child Development & Learning Store where 100% of the profits from every toy and product purchased go toward subsidising therapy services for children at our national child development centres around the country. Our retail function provides a vital income stream to support our therapeutic services.
We value our friendly and inspiring team, with whom you will work alongside, advancing your own knowledge and contributing to the field as you learn and grow in your role.Our therapy team are fully supported with regular clinical supervision as well as support from our Clinical Governance Team, Senior Therapists and Clinical Services Manager. We also support our therapy team with an annual personal CPD budget, in addition to opportunities to attend all of Sensational Kids training workshops, ensuring that your development as a therapist is propelled forward, boosting your ability to be a change maker for children and families.
- We value caring, empathetic people with emotional intelligence
- We value passion, fun and focusing on making a difference to the lives of children and families.
- We value bold ideas and bold leadership, and people who enjoy working in an innovative organisation through a period of high growth.
- We like to develop remarkable people.
- Provision of family-centred therapy including occupational therapy assessment and intervention for children and young people through individualised and group treatment sessions, mostly as a clinic based service and occasionally in community settings
- The provision of teletherapy to children and their families
- To act as a member of the Occupational Therapy and Multidisciplinary teams in the planning, provision and development of professional quality services
- To support, share advice and liaise with our Clinical Team with respect to the delivery of the clinical services
- To participate in clinical team meetings, case conferences and any other service meetings
- To ensure that all documentation, including individual clinical records are maintained in a secure, orderly and confidential manner using a computerised clinical records system and to maintain confidentiality in respect to all matters arising from your official duties
- Preparation of parent/teacher training and advice sessions
- Ensuring the maintenance and development of the therapy rooms and therapy equipment, ensuring the health and safety of all equipment is regularly assessed
- Ensuring the maintenance of professional development and the regular attendance, participation in and contribution to any CPD opportunities.
- Assist with service development
- Any other reasonable duties associated with the post of an occupational therapist
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Occupational Therapy and validation of that qualification to work in Ireland
- Ideally, a minimum of one years post qualification experience in pediatric occupational therapy that includes working with children with additional needs, in particular working with children with autism spectrum disorders and down syndrome.
- Successful candidates must be accredited members of the AOTI
- CORU Registration is essential
- The successful candidate will be Garda Vetted and references checked
- Must have use of own car for travel for school visits etc
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who have completed further professional development training in any or some of the following areas
- Sensory Processing
- DIR Floortime
- Sensory Attachment Intervention
- Therapeutic Listening
- Handwriting Without Tears
This is a full-time permanent post working five days (35 hours) per week
Tuesdays to Saturdays: Tuesday – Friday 10am – 6pm and Saturdays 9am – 4.30pm (excluding bank holiday weekends) with flexi time options
Monday to Friday 10am – 6pm with flexitime options
Sensational Kids Child Development Centre, Clonakilty, West Cork
Term of employment
Full-time, permanent post
As this is a new role to grow the capacity of our occupational therapy supports, we can offer flexibility around the starting date.
Salary & Benefits That Provide You With an Exceptional Place To Work
- A competitive salary bench marked against HSE pay scales
- Competitive annual leave package with additional annual leave increments
- CPD Budget
- The opportunity to attend Sensational Kids workshops, in addition to your CPD budget
- Regular individual clinical supervision
- Regular peer supervision
- Regular mentoring from international OT experts
- Dedicated monthly CPD
- Support from our expert Clinical Governance Team
- Staff social club activities
- Administration support for appointment scheduling, payment collection and scanning.
- Participation in online team wellness initiatives for Sensational Kids’ employees throughout the year.
- Enjoy & benefit from working in a custom built therapy centre with sensory integration gym facilities.
- Autonomy and flexibility with your diary schedule to suit your individual working style
- As we value our team and know that the well-being of our team is paramount, we make sure that each therapist only sees a maximum of five clients in a normal working day, which we know is on the lower side of average because we recognise that our team need time to regroup between therapy sessions and be in the best state to support families and children.
How To Apply
Please send your CV and letter of application to Karen Leigh, CEO, outlining why you want to join our team.
By Email Karen@sensationalkids.ie
Sensational Kids is an equal opportunities employer